Bribe through Charles Dickens

Scrooge doesn't know himself.He's isolated from his inner self.He's a Scrooge.He chooses to read books and stay inside his house.The whole novel is him coming to terms with his compassion, understanding, the meaning and connotation of being human.He doesn't act like other people,so he's isolating himself from Christmas and being human.

Quotes
It's not my business," Scrooge returned. "It's enough for a man to understand his own business, and not to interfere with other people's. Mine occupies me constantly. Good afternoon, gentlemen!".

This shows he would not help (a trait of being human), rather than help them and come to them. An excuse for this, was that a man can handle himself and be self-sufficient,but in reality a man needs help, which Scrooge gets later in the story from the ghost of Christmas past.

Helping is entirely human.Dickens presents this,by using the ghost of Christmas past,then changing the scrooge slowly into something else.

Have a smile and help.

Even the most competitive soccer players from different teams are human in some way

Even the most competitive soccer players from different teams are human in some way.And,they help everyone on the playing field.

Or help me, by voting for this chapter.No, that would be selfish.Do it.

If you don't help me,you're not human.