Tell Them That It's My Birthday

The next day was my 18th birthday. I wished it could be the weekend, but luckily it was Friday.

My mom woke me up with a cupcake, which was my breakfast. Breakfast in bed. Awesome.

I got up and got ready for school. I said goodbye to my mom and Kevin and Hudson, who seemed like a happy baby that morning, and drove to school. I was met in the lobby by Ryder, who gave me a big hug and kiss.

"Happy birthday my amazing fiancée," he said.

"Thank you my even more amazing fiancé," I said. "I know this may seem weird, but I just realized that it's been a year since Hudson was conceived."

Ryder smirked and said, "You know, we can try and make him a brother or sister if you want."

I pushed Ryder away. "Listen, I love you and all but I just gave birth four months ago and I'd rather not have to go through that again."

Ryder laughed. "Okay. Well, what do you want to do today? It is your special day after all."

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe a girls night, sleepover, movies. You and I can go to supper tomorrow. I kinda wanna hang out with my friends tonight if that's okay."

"That's fine babe. Whatever you want."

I giggled as Ryder gave me a kiss on the nose.

"There's one thing you can do though," I said.

"Anything."

I smirked.

Marcia:

"Tell them that it's my birthday

Tell them that it's my birthday

Tell them that it's my birthday when I party like that

Every nights my birthday

They don't know so it's okay

Tell them that it's my birthday when I party like that"

Ryder laughed as I grabbed his hand and pulled him down the hall towards the choir room.

Marcia:

"Jazz it up!

Jazz it up!

Happy as can be

Falling into you

Falling into me

How do you do

Come and meet the queen

Cake and cream

Blow your dreams

Blow your dreams

Blow your dreams away with me

Blow your dreams

Blow your dreams

Blow your dreams away with me

Tell them that it's my birthday

Tell them that it's my birthday when I party like that

Every nights my birthday

They don't know so it's okay

Tell them that it's my birthday when I party like that"

I entered the choir room. Streamers lined the walls, balloons filled the ceiling, the whiteboard read HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCIA! in different colors. Everyone hugged me and wished me a happy birthday as I entered.