Baby, Now We Got Bad Blood

The first day back after Christmas break, I marched right up to Jake's locker and slammed it in his face.

"We need to talk," I told him.

"I have nothing to say," he replied, yanking at his locker to open it again.

"Good, then you're in the perfect position to listen," I hissed. "If you ever pull a stunt like you did at Kitty's party ever again, it won't be Ryder you have to worry about. And before you try to defend yourself, I just want you to know that Ryder told me everything you said. About me, about Bree, about Marley, everything. And, Jakey boy, you don't want to make me any angrier than I am."

Jake finally turned to me. I had never stood up to him like this before. I thought Jake and I were friends. Hell, I thought he and Jake were friends! I mean, sure, they had that little beef for a while over Marley, but that was before me! Ever since then, they seemed like best friends. Peas in a pod and all that nonsense.

Jake scoffed in my face. "What are you gonna do, Marcia? I mean look at you! You're a twig! I'm in football and you're just in that stupid Glee club."

"And so were you. And your brother. He was the biggest player in existence and the New Directions managed to tame him. What's do different with you?"

"Did it ever occure to you that maybe I didn't want to be a part of Glee club? Or that I never actually loved Marley?"

I shook my head. "You can't fake what you two had. Or the genuine enjoyment you got out of being in Glee. It's something else."

Jake shook his head at me and began to walk away. My blood was boiling again and I knew I wasn't letting him go this time.

"Hey!"

Jake turned back to look at me.

Marcia:
"Cause, baby, now we got bad blood
You know it used to be mad love
So take a look what you've done
Cause, baby, now we got bad blood
Hey!"

Jake smirked.

Jake (Marcia):
"I can't take it back
Look where I'm at
We was on D like DOC
Remember that? (Remember that?)
My TLC was quite OD
ID my facts (ID my)
Now POV of you and me
Similar Iraq
I don't hate you, but I hate to
Critique, overrate you
These beats of a dark heart
Use bass lines to replace you
Take time and erase you
Love don't hear no more
No, I don't fear no more
Better yet, respect ain't quite sincere no more"

Marcia:
"Oh, it's so sad to
Think about the good times
You and I

Cause, baby, now we got bad blood
You know it used to be mad love
So take a look what you've done
Cause, baby, now we got bad blood"

Jake scoffed and began walking away from me again. This time, I followed him.

Marcia:
"Hey!

Now we got problems
And I don't think we can solve 'em
You made a really deep cut
And, baby, now we got bad blood
Hey!"

I grabbed his shoulder to stop him and he shoved me off. I stumbled back into someone's arms. I looked up to see Kitty had caught me and now, I had backup. Unique, Kitty, Candy, and Heather to be exact.

Jake:
"Remember when you tried to write me off?
Remember when you thought I'd take a loss?
Don't you remember? You thought that I would need you
Final procedure
Remember, oh wait, you got amnesia?
It was my season for battle wounds
Battle scars
Body bumped, bruised, stabbed in the back
Brimstone, fire jumping through
Still all my life, I got money and power
And you've got to live with the bad blood now"

Marcia:
"Oh, it's so sad to
Think about the good times
You and I

Cause, baby, now we got bad blood
You know it used to be mad love
So take a look what you've done
Cause, baby, now we got bad blood
Hey!

Now we got problems
And I don't think we can solve 'em
You made a really deep cut
And, baby, now we got bad blood
Hey!"

I crossed my arms, raising an eyebrow at Jake, almost as if taunting him. Daring him to do something. And that's when Jake's backup came in. Three or four of his football buddies came out of nowhere and stood behind him with their arms crossed. Jake smirked and raised an eyebrow back at me; "Your move."

Marcia (Jake) {Both}:
"Bandaids don't fix bullet holes
You say sorry just for show
You live like that, you live with ghosts
(You forgive, you forget
But you never let it go)

Bandaids don't fix bullet holes
You say sorry just for show
If you live like that, you live with ghosts
{If you love like that}
Blood runs cold

Cause, baby, now we got bad blood
You know it used to be mad love
So take a look what you've done
Cause, baby, now we got bad blood
Hey!

Now we got problems
And I don't think we can solve 'em
You made a really deep cut
And, baby, now we got bad blood"

At this point, we were standing at complete opposite sides of the now empty hallway. I extended my index finger to Jake and motioned for him to approach. He shook his head and mirrored the action. I shook mine in return.

We decided to meet halfway.

Marcia {Both}:
"Cause, baby, now we got bad blood
You know it used to be mad love
So take a look what you've done
Cause, baby, now we got bad blood
Hey!

Now we got problems
And I don't think we can solve 'em
You made a really deep cut
And, baby, now we got bad blood
{Hey!}"

Jake and I stood, inches apart. You could feel the anger radiating off of us. My fists were clenched by my sides. I don't know if I was going to actually punch Jake, but I knew if we weren't interrupted, I just might have done it out of impulse.

"Shut up!"

Jake and I jumped and turned to see Coach Sylvester standing at the door of her office. She looked pretty pissed at us. She turned on her heal and marched back into her office. Just as she closed the door, the bell rang, signaling we were all late for class.

Jake's football buddies disappeared in seconds, but my girls stayed. In fact, they all raced up behind me to glare at Jake as well.

"Leave Marley alone," Heather hissed first.

"Leave Ryder alone," I added.

"Leave us all alone," Unique piped up.

"Or else there'll be hell to pay," Candy snapped.

Jake looked at all of us before looking down at me. For a moment, I thought I saw sadness in his eyes and I softened up a bit. He must've known I seen his moment of vulnerability, because the look soon changed to one of anger again.

"I'll leave you Lima Losers alone as long as you do the same to me," he said before turning and walking away."

"Gladly!" Kitty called after him. "That was pretty badass the way you stood up to him like that, Marcia. Marcia? You alright?"

"What? Yeah, I'm fine. I just..." I watched Jake walk away. "Nothing. Nevermind."

What the hell was going on with Jake?