Skin like a baby.

When my eyes opened I was hit with a barrage of lights forcing me to close my eyes. When I opened them again was met with the white curtains in the medbay. Yay. I love waking up in here.

Aokiji was in the chair beside my cot, his legs stretched out and arms crossed. His head was down and hs eyes closed- he's asleep. But what's he doing here? And what heppened?

The second I made a move to get up, his eyes shot open and he was pushing me back down with a warning look. I gave up and didn't protest, although if I had the strength I probably would've. So I stuck with a weak glare.

"What happened?" I asked weakly, letting my eyes fall shut.

"You passed out." he informs readily. I raise a questioning brow, but he ignores it or doesn't see it.

"Okay, fine. What happened before I passed out?"

Hesitation, what happened? Aokiji never misses a beat and here he was doing it now.

"We were in the meeting," he sighs.

"Mhm." I urge on,

"And you mentioned your skin burning..."

I did what now? Have you gone crazy Aokiji? Sakazuki finally wearing off on you?

"You fell, and your ship doctor discovered that your skin was burning itself back together. You are completely scar free in the matter of ten hours." He shakes his head as if not believing his own words.

I kind of don't believe them myself, I had thousands of scars. Big and small. A life time of scars gone in ten hours? That's unbelievable.

"He's right. You have skin like a newborn babe." Melus nods, setting a few books on his desk and peaking through the curtains, "May I?" he holds out his hand and I place my own in his. My brows furrow as he digs around his pocket for something.

"What-" I gasp as pulls out the small scalpel and cuts the back of my hand.

"What are you doing?" Aokiji glares.

"Just watch." Melus pulls out a cloth and wipes the blood away. And I see the skin already healing. I sit up, pulling my hand away and closer. The skin webs together, leaving a small line that is paler then my normal skin tone. Aokiji pulls my hand away and runs his thumb over it. It didn't even hurt.

"I had a hunch. " Melus explains pulling a chair close.

I glare, "And if that didn't work?"

"Then I would give you a bandaid. " he smiles. I sigh before leaning back again, what else is going to happen with my body? What did he do to me? What was in all those syringes? I need answers, but first I need to figure out what's happening.

"So, did the Fleet Admiral come to a decision? " I question Aokiji.

"We are in the East Blue now. Sengoku has to talk with his boss and until then he wants you to take it easy- hense Dawn Island. Garp and myself will stay at Dawn Island as well for the time being." He sighs, "Sengoku will meet us there once Gorosei gives him the right away. Garp doesn't like this and neither does Akainu- but for ovbious different reasons." Aokiji looks away, and I know he's leaving something out. Just that now is not the time to ask him.

So, we're in the East Blue, almost to Dawn Island. My home. I wonder how calm Garp is taking this? Probably not very calm.

"Just think about it as a vacation." Aokiji smirks lightly. I scoff as I swing my legs over the bed- I pause seeing the bare legs, the shorts I wore, were hiked up and gave a good view of my tanned legs.

I had a scar the size of my hand, on the inside of my left thigh yesterday that I received years ago. Now it's just smooth. Just like a newborn babe. Melus' voice repeats. I grimace placing my feet on the floor, usually it would have chilled me but it was warmer than my own temperature.

I narrow my eyes turning to Aokiji who just smiled back, obviously getting the track my mind was on but gave no indication of explaining himself.

"Why am I so cold?" I question keeping my glare pinned on the ice user.

"Your skin was burning remember? Aokiji kept you alive. You should thank him- not glare as if it's his fault." Melus thumps me on the back of the head when I dont respond,

"Thank you." I ground out through clenched teeth.

"You're welcome Ensign Wilder. Now go get dressed and pack your bag. Garp is taking you onto the island. He said something about beating other grand kids again." Aokiji stands and gives my shoulder a squeeze before exiting.

"You heard him. Get up and change." Melus tosses clothes at me before shutting the curtain again.

I grab the blue skin tight jeans, quickly putting those on along with the sleeveless white top, lacing it tight so nothing personal was showing. I wrap the blue belt under my chest and sit to lace up the white gladiator sandels. I still can't believe they're making such a huge deal over this.

"Stop sulking." Melus orders, smacking away the curtain and handing me a brush, "Think of it as a vacation."

I roll my eyes, It's more like suspension.

-

"Oi Makino. Don't tell me you don't recognize me. I think I might cry." I fake a sniffle, she stares for a moment, totally and completely confused. Then realization erupts through her dark obisidian eyes and she lunches herself at me, throwing her arms around my neck and squeezing as tight as she could. I actually had to catch myself from falling by placing a foot back a step.

I let out a laugh hearing her sob,"Makino. Don't cry! I'm sorry okay? I'll try to visit more often."

She nods into my neck, "O-okay. I apoligize, Mara it's just been so long." She pulls away and wipes her face, "Look at you! You look all... buff! What did Garp do to you?" Makino shakes her head.

I roll my eyes taking a seat at the bar. "I'm not buff- and you don't want to know. Anyways, how are my boys?" I question with a small smile. It's been over a year.

This time it's Makino who rolls her eyes, "Those boys," she shakes her head, a smile breaking out, "All three of them are rotten. They are probably in the woods somewhere. Although they did say they would come visit sometime this week. I was there with the Mayor last night when Garp came to say hi, all three were talking about becoming pirates."

"They're still alive right? How did Sabo take it, he's never met Garp before." I grimace, Garp really didn't like it when they would talk about that. No matter what age they were, if they were caught talking about becoming pirates they got the fist of love and a few crazy training sessions. Poor Sabo most definitely got his fair share too. But on the bright side, that was Garp's way of accepting him into our family.

Makino luaghs, "Yes, they are alive. Sabo took it as well as Ace and Luffy."

I nod, I can't wait to see how much they've grown. Luffy must be eight now, and Ace along with Sabo should be eleven.

"How long did they give you for your vacation?" Makino asks swiping a rag over the open bar,

I scoff, "Vacation? More like suspension." I mutter voicing my earlier thoughts, angrily, under my breath. Crossing my arms I see she is patiently waiting for an answer, "I'm not sure. I guess not to long. I'm only here because my body isn't up to par with the 'health regulations' and they think I've gone crazy- oh and they don't know what to do with me yet."

Her brows raised and I sighed, "I'll explain everything later okay?"

She nods, once again completely confused.

"So have you arrested any interesting pirates yet?" she smiles suddenly, I mull this over for a second or two.

"Me personally no. But I have met some pretty interesting ones. Which I will also go over later. Sleep over at your place?" I smile standing and grabbing my bag, already knowing her answer I head for the door.

"Yes! And I want every little detail. Be careful if you are going to Dadan's!"

"Yes mom!" I call over my shoulder, she worries to much.