I'm alive?

Mara

I came to in the ships medbay. It took me a good fifteen minutes to figure out how I got there and when I did I wished I hadn't.

A freaking pirate let me go with a warning. He didn't lay one finger on me... ok well he grabbed my shirt but I don't have a single bruise--well from him at least. Garp was a little... well I don't have a proper word for how Garp was acting after, he was disappointed that he didn't see any pirates himself, then he pouted. It didn't last long because Justin mentioned training which was stupid because everyone knows it's just Garp quenching his boredom by beating everyone down.

So that what we were doing. Garp against me, Justin. and Cruse. Apparently it was pick-on-the-chore-boys day. Well girl in my case but still all the same. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty scared at this moment.

The deck was deathly silent, everyone silent waiting to see who Garp would go after first. And honestly I wasn't sure myself, he might go after Justin because he picked a fight with a commander, but then again he might go for me because I almost got myself killed saving Justin.

So both Justin and I were completely shocked when the old man went after Cruse yelling surprise and laughing like a maniac. But I was grateful. Plus I took my chance and ran to hide, you might think me a whimp, but fighting Garp is not fun.

"Cheater. Get out of there!" Justin whisper/shouted pullin me back from the open doorway-- and my escape.

"No! This is your fault! You deal with it." I whisper/shouted back. It wss safe to say neither of us wanted Garp's attention. And that was where we went wrong- suddenly a fist slams into both our heads launching us through the wall and into another.

"OW!" I groan my hands flying up to relieve the pain, coughing through the dust cloud. I could literally feel the menacing glare on the back of my head as I sat up, and I was pretty frightened turning around to see the ship doctor- Melus, standing over me hands on his eyes narrowed. Usually the ship doctor is a very happy, carefree man. And only a few things actually angered him. It seemed someone had done one of those few things before we were hit through the wall.

On the bright side, Garp did hit us both into the infirmary.

"H-hey Melus.. Hows the weather?" I ask stupidly lookong away.

"What the hell are you idiots doing?" He growls,

"Training with my old man." I sigh deflating completely. For a second I thought I saw compassion in his eyes before the steely brown went back to menacing.

"Girlie! Good you're up! Let's get back to training." Garp smiles widely.

"No you crazy old man! One of these days you're gonna kill me! Then I can never become a good marine!" I shout back, raising a fist. This only excites him though.

"That's the spirit girlie! Let's get back to work and I will make you the best marine ever! Bwahaha!" he reaches down and grabs my arm before dragging me up,

"And it looks like you are the only one awake! It's your lucky day!" He adds hastily.

I freeze and dig my heels into the deck, no way am I gonna survive this! Cruse and Jansen are sooo dead after this!

----

I groaned again tossing an arm over my face.

"Stop being a drama queen." Justin sighs, "You should feel lucky you're alive. Especially after the hit you took."

"That's true. You're lucky someone jumped in the water to save you. They said you were unconscious when they brought you back on deck." Cruse nods, stuffing his arms behind his head and laying back on his hammock.