12: Pieces of the Past

Hiro woke up later that time. His sleep was disturbed by the constant shrieking of someone shouting. When he opened his eyes, he was greeted with dark wooden ceilings. He slowly raise his body up and went to rubbed his head. The blanket on his body slid off from him, revealing his pale and smooth skin.

"Enough Lord Versailes! Haha! I-I'm sorry! Haha!" Cielo' laugh echoed throughout the room.

Hiro looked at his side and saw Neil leisurely sipping tea while his leg was over the other, picturing a carefree man. Sensing that the person beside him had woken up, Neil took the hot cup of tea from the tray on the table beside him and offered it to Hiro who was now sitting comfortably on the sofa. The blanket had slid off from his upper body making his skin open in view. Neil stared for a few second before turning away.

Hiro sipped his tea and looked at the scene played right in front of him. There was an unknown guy with long hair kept in a ponytail, he was also dressed weirdly just like the rest of the people who took him to this place. The taller built person was cradling the smaller guy with peach hair on the floor, tickling his body in every way possible.

"Do you like that?"

"Nooo! Please stop!"

Hearing them talk made Hiro awkwardly frown. He looked at Neil sitting by his side and asked for his attention.

"What are they doing? Its weird." Hiro asked.

Neil quickly stood up from where he sat and put down his cup of tea before walking to the direction of the two. He pulled the taller man before pulling the smaller one off from the floor.

"Stop it now. He's already awake." Neil stated which made the two pair of eyes darted to the person sitting cozily on the sofa.

"Oh! Lord Commander! It is such an honor to see you face to face again." Versailes bowed down.

"I'm Versailes Von Strauss, the Head Spirit Healer as well as a Couselor to His Majesty. And these two here are your trusted underlings." Versailes chirped.

"I've been asking them their identity but they never gave me a proper answer. Maybe you're the only one who have a proper state of mind in this room." Hiro stated as he looked at Versailes with a smile.

"Well, this is Lord Vice Commander Neil Von Strauss and Captain to the first unit of the Black Wolf Brigade Captain Ceilo Daeser." Introduced Versailes.

"Wait. Are you two siblings?" Hiro pointed to Versailes and Neil.

"Yes. But we have different mothers." Neil answered with a monotone voice. Hiro nodded in confirmation.

"Then where am I? The last time I remember I was at the beach at my friends villa. But now I'm here on... umm, how do I put this? Umm... Now I'm here on disneyland?" Hiro was unsure of what to describe this place he had landed on.

Versailes sat down opposite to Hiro. His carefree and funny attitude vanished in an instant as he looked at him making Hiro frown in confusion.

"My Lord, before I start things, I want you to listen and remain calm. This might be a lot to take in but please try to keep up with it." Versailes stated which made Hiro gulped loudly.

"Your name in your current world is Hiro Nicholas Garette but your name here in this world is only Hiro. You were born with the blood of a demon wolf and a human. You were the 8th Lord Commander under the First General and these two here are your underlings." Versailes stated as he pointed to Neil and Cielo sitting on the side.

"Wait. So I lived here way back how many years ago? That's so cool! Was I a handsome youth? Did girls bow down at my feet to whorshipped me?" Hiro fired making Versailes chuckle.

"You were a handsome fellow alright that His Majesty almost wage war at one of the neigboring countries ruler who took a liking at you. There were no girls that whorshipped at your feet because they were scared that they would be strike down with just a single blow from His Majesty. You weren't even allowed to visit any male or female without any permissions from the King himself." Versailes stated.

Hiro's eyes widened in dismay. "What do you mean?"

"You were the King's favorite. In your world, your term for this was 'lover'. Basically, you were the Kings lover!"

Like a bomb, Hiro's little bubble of self esteem exploded in shock. He could even picture out an old man with long beard and wrinkled skin bedding him and doing pleasure, he roared in anger.

"What kind of bullshits are spewing you dumb cunt! You said I was bedding with some fat ass old jerks?! What a disgusting thing to do!"

"What fat ass jerk? Our King is definitely not a fat ass jerk! I thought he came personally to fetch you from the borders of the demon realm?" Hiro looked at Versailes with a confused look.

"The one who wore golden robes with dragon prints. That's His Majesty Zen Kaisler y del Escala, the 28th Dragon King of the Dragon Kingdom." Versailes was like floating in cloud nine as he pronounce each word of Zen's name.

"So you mean, I went to bed and had sex with that guy?!" Hiro yelled in fear.

"Yes. You even raised a child with him!"

Like another atomic bomb, Hiro's soul exploded out of his body in pure shock. The news was too much that even his pride of being a man has been crushed to thousands of pieces, unable to glue it back together. The thought that no girl ever paid attention to him was all because he was already making out with a man!?

"Am I a man or woman in my past life?" Hiro asked again. His ownself couldn't take the news that he had raised a child with a guy.

"Certainly a man."

"Wha- what?! Then how come I managed to raise a child if I'm a man?!"

"You didn't gave birth to it. It was out of surrogates, sort of like that." Versailes explained which made Hiro breath out a sigh of relief.

"Goodness gracious. I think I'm about to loose my mind anytime now." Hiro mumbled and leaned back on the sofa with a face like a withered plant.

A knock sounded on the wooden door which made Versailes look up.

"Great Lord Healer, the ceremony is about to start." A voice sounded.

Upon remembering that a ceremony was about to commence any time now, he quickly stood up from the sofa.

"I forgot! I have to be at Galanthius with the King." Versailes quickly went to his table to pack some of his books and scrolls.

"Oh yeah I remember, today is one of those monthly celebration to commemorate the war." Cielo stated but after realizing what he just said, both Neil and Cielo's eyes widen.

"Shit! We have to assemble the troops for the parade!" Neil cursed.

"Ah... don't worry. I've got you covered. I can take us all to Galanthius in no time but... just help me find my ritual scrolls. I'm missing one of them." Versailes voiced out from under the table.

Neil and Cielo looked at each other for awhile before deciding to help rummage for the missing scroll.

Hiro watched those three people scampering from around the table looking for a scroll. A strong wind flew past the huge windows of the room making him shiver in cold. Afterall, he was still wearing his black swimming trunks and no other item of clothing that covered his body.

"Um guys? Before you leave me. Could you just give me clothes to wear?"