Leaves

There was a moment of silence within the class as a voice from the speaker announced.
"Students, teachers, please start lining up along the corridors. Bring your flaglets with you."
The announcement was repeated once and twice until a number of students were out of their classrooms.

From the fifth floor of the school's building, where a class was being held, she sat within her group of friends. She had long and dark brown hair that went down her waist and she had black-rimmed glasses over her small hazel eyes.
"Ladies," their teacher announced. "Go get your flaglets and line up outside.
"Shoot! I don't have a flaglet!"
"That's okay, no one's going to see us from up here anyway."

As they walked out, a cold gust of wind quickly struck her skin as she, along with her classmates, stood behind the ledge.
From afar, she could see the seniors walking along the corridors and among the students who were waving their flaglets.
Then she saw her.
"Amber?"
She stared at her as she walked past the students and classrooms. She stared at her as she waved at hundreds of students.
She stared at her, knowing this was the last time she'll see her.
"Amber..."
It was as if everything stopped for a moment. The voices of her friends, watching the seniors walking beside her, came to a halt; the roaring crowds suddenly fell silent.

As the cool wind constantly blew on her skin, countless of memories slowly crawled into her mind. Memories that reminded her of the chances she had; memories that reminded her that she should've done something.
"Amber, are you okay?"
Something wet rolled down on her face and she wiped it away.

"I should have"; "I could have", that's all she could do now. Wish that she should have or could have done something before it was too late.

She took a deep breath and everything slowly came back to her senses. She could hear the crowds roaring in joy and sadness, she could hear the teachers congratulating them.
"Let us give a big round of applause for the farewell walk of our seniors!"

And as the cold wind blew once more, a variety of leaves (ranging from red to brown) began to fall.
And, along with the leaves, so did she.