“Can you ask them to try and search harder a little? If there still isn’t any clues found in 2 days, then you can call off the search.”

“As you wish, King Merci.” She bowed respectfully before leaving my office. Once she left the office, I turned my eyes back to the stacks of paperwork which never seemed to end before letting out a loud and deep groan. My number one nightmare/enemy… paperwork.

4:55pm. Maybe I should check on Kai and the others. Their training should be ending in 1 hour and 5 minutes time anyway. I’m just going to watch their training. I’m not doing this to escape paperwork. You can trust me on that. Really.

Throwing my stamp and ink pad into the drawers, I locked it quickly before leaping out of my seat and stretching my limbs out. Damn. Is this how freedom feels like? I feel like I’m fully energized to do anything now. Except for pap-p-paparazzi. Yes, paparazzi. I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on my work if there’s paparazzis around so no paparazzi. Totally not.

Eros’s POV:

“Get up weaklings!” I glared at the group of girls in front of me as they laid on the ground panting and gasping for breath. Bunch of weaklings. I didn’t even push them that hard seeing that today’s the very first day I’m training them.

“We can’t! It’s too much already, Sir!” One of them heaved out as the others nodded in agreement.

“I agree, Sir. We can’t continue anymore.” Another spoke up as murmurs of approval filled the air. Tsk. Weak.

“So if this happens to be at war, you guys will just lie on the ground and let the enemies kill you all off one by one. Smart. Saves them the trouble from trying to catch you guys. Why don’t you all then paste a bow on your heads first before entering the war? Makes no difference right?” I growled out sarcastically, pissed off by their wimpish behaviour.

“Fucking asshole-” Benedict cursed out madly as he charged at me with fists out in the air but got pulled back by his comrades who held slight fear in their eyes. They’re right about stopping him. He may end up on a wheelchair if he tried to enrage me further. He pissed the hell out of me during the while training period and I’m that close to snapping.

“5 more laps for you!” I spat at him coldly, causing him to push his comrades away roughly before trying to jump at me.

“Fuck you you piece of shit!” He growled out furiously and launch at me within seconds but suddenly stopped midway when he saw Lucifer eyeing him with a stern expression. Man… and I thought that I’ll finally get to kick his ass today.

“Care to repeat your words again?” Lucifer questioned Benedict ever so calmly, causing a shiver to run down his spine.

“I’m sorry for my rudeness, King Merci but it’s all his fault. He’s abusing us.” He said quickly while pointing fingers at me. Abusing… right…

“May I know what did he do?”

“He made us run 20 laps around the whole castle grounds, do 100 push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups. He even made us spar with each other for 1 hour each with a different partner for each hour then now he expects us to repeat the whole exercise circuit before he calls it a day! The only time we had break was for lunch and when he allowed us to and it didn’t last longer than 15 minutes each time!”

“And you guys can’t cope with that?”

“Of course not! Who can even keep up with that monster kind of training?! Look at them!”

“If you can’t keep up with that training, I suggest you resign as you’ll only be a burden to the others on the real battlefield. It wouldn’t be any easier than what Kai as made all of you go through. Seems like Desmond has been too lenient with you guys. I think I’ll consider making Kai your permanent trainer if your attitudes continue to be this crappy.” Everyone stayed silent as they eyed Benedict to not make the situation worse. Damn… they really want me gone so badly. Not like I’ll miss them anyway.

“Please forgive me, King Merci.” Benedict said it unsincerely through gritted teeth as I roll my eyes internally. There’s no helping him. There’s no helping them. This is a waste of my time. To think that I was pumped up for this shit. Disappointments.

“That’ll depend on your performance from now onwards. Do you wish to continue, Kai?” Lucifer questioned as I took off my shoes and slinging it over my shoulders.

“Forget it. It’s useless to train those you don’t even want to put in effort at the first place. I quit. I’m going to take a bath.”

“Give them a second chance Kai. Kai? Kai! Damn it. All of you are dismissed! Go back and reflect whether your attitude is right. Those who think that they’re right are free to leave.” Concluding his words swiftly, he ran after me to catch up with my pace before walking by my side quietly.

Lucifer’s POV:

“What do you want? If you’re trying to convince me to teach them again, don’t bother.” He grumbled out annoyed as he continued to walk towards his room

“But-”

“But what?”

“You agreed…”

“And I regret it. I didn’t even say for how long too so technically, I still fulfilled my agreement.” True… let’s see… eggs!

“I’ll make you 3 eggs?”

“I’m not going to give in that easily. I’m not 2.”

“I’ll make you meals with eggs for all meals?” He pondered on my words for a while before walking into his bathroom, considering my offer.

“I’ll-...consider… No promises!”

“That’s more than enough.” I breath out a sigh of relief as we entered his bathroom.

“Mind giving me some privacy?”

“We’re both males?”

“I don’t need you to see my junk since there’s no shower curtains if you have yet to realise that.” I did take notice of it. Not like he needs them anyway.

“What’s the matter? Not like I don’t have my own to see. Unless you want us to be fair, I can remove my bottoms for you-”

“No. Just get out and let me bathe. Now.” He said in a threatening manner as I raised my hands up in surrender.

“Fine… I’ll be waiting outside.” Taking his towels along with me, I closed the door behind me before slumping onto his bed with his towels in hand. Let’s see about that now. Wait…. What the hell am I trying to do? Lying on his bed comfortably, I breathe in his comforting scent of honey and vanilla as the shower head ran freely in the toilet.

After 20 minutes or so, he came out fully clothed and refreshed as I stared at him curiously. How? I took his towels and he did not even bring any clothes in. “So that’s where my towels were…”

“How did you-” He shrugged lightly before picking his towels up from his bed to fold them neatly before putting them back in the bathroom.

“Toilet paper and spare cabinets.” Fine. He’s smart.

“You could have just came out to grab your towels.”

“I’ve thought of that but… I decided not to.” He said softly before putting a new set of clothes into one of the cabinets.

“Why?”

“Lucifer...you’re my best friend right?” Yeah? Shit. Is he starting to suspect me?

“Yeah…”

“How did I get all those whip-like marks over my back?” He questioned with those do-not-lie-to-me eyes but what can I say?

That’s when I realised something.

I practically do not know anything about him.