Amy and Tyler Wilson

• Dedicated to @HWoodEnding313

            “I really can’t believe today is my 21st birthday” I said to your cousin Cameron Byrd. “Neither can I!” Cameron cried. “You’re supposed to stay my baby cousin forever” “Cam, I’m only a year younger you” I said. “Which means you’re still my baby cousin” He said. I rolled my eyes and searched through my closet for something to wear. “Oh, by the way” Cameron said. “Tyler told me to tell you he’s going to be a little bit late” “What? Why?” I asked. “He can’t be late…” “Tyler just told me to tell you he was sorry because he was going to be late and that he loves you” Cameron said. “Why didn’t he tell me though?” I asked. “Um… I don’t know” Cameron said. I got the feeling he wasn’t telling me something but I let it go since I didn’t want to be upset on my birthday.

            “How about this?” I asked holding up a dark blue dress. “I don’t know, I’m a guy!” Cameron cried. “Cameron, I need your help! This night has to be perfect” I said. “Amy, you know I love you, and you know I would help you but I’m afraid that I can’t help you with clothes” Cameron said. I laughed. “Alright, alright” I said. “I’ll go get changed and be right back out” I walked into the bathroom and put on my dress. I started to curl my hair when there was a knock at the door. “Cameron, could you get that?” I asked opening my bathroom door. “Sure, be right back” Cameron said. He jumped off my bed and ran downstairs. A few minutes later he came back up and handed me a pair of shoes. “What’s that for?” I asked. “They were downstairs and I brought them up because people are down there now” Cameron said. “Oh, alright” I said. “Just throw them in the closet” Cameron opened up my closet and put my shoes down on the floor.

            “Who was at the door?” I asked. “People you invited” Cameron said. “I let them in and told them snacks were in the kitchen and that if they wanted some to help themselves and I told them you would be down in a few minutes” “Did you take the plastic off the plates?” I asked. “Halfway off” Cameron said. “When more people are here you can take them all the way off” “Okay, great” I said. I finished doing my makeup and turned towards Cameron. “Thanks for all your help, Cam. You’ve been a huge help for me this past week. I love you cuz” I said. Cameron smiled. “It’s no problem, really” Cameron said. I gave Cameron a hug. “You’re the best cousin ever” I said. “Why thank you” Cameron said. I took my necklace off the dresser and put it on. Tyler gave it to me for our second year anniversary. It’s a locket with his picture in it. He told me this was he would always be close to my heart whether he was here with me or not. I picked up my ring and slid it on my finger. This he gave me for our third anniversary. Engraved on the inside is ‘Amy & Tyler’. Not a day goes by when I don’t wear them…

            Cameron smiled at me. “What?” I asked. “Nothing, I just like how happy you get whenever you think about Tyler” Cameron said. “How’d you know I was thinking about him?” I asked. “Because when you do, you always do the same thing” Cameron said. “You stare straight forward or at your ring and you have your right hand on your necklace and you just have the biggest smile on your face” I smiled. “I just really love him” I said. Cameron nodded. “I know” He said. “And I’m glad you two found love in each other. I just can’t believe you did five years ago today…” I smiled. “I just can’t believe Tyler actually asked me out on my birthday” I said. “I can, I knew he was going to do it. He told me he was going to” Cameron said. “So do you know what he’s doing tonight?” I asked. “Nope, not at all” Cameron said quickly. “Cameron” I said. “Nope, sorry don’t know!” Cameron cried. He ran out of my room and ran downstairs. “Cameron David Byrd!” I yelled running after him.

            We got downstairs and my best friend Amber was there. “Happy birthday, girl!” Amber cried running up to me. “Thanks, girl” I said giving Amber a hug. Cameron came up behind her and put his hands over her eyes. “Guess who” He said. “Hmm… I don’t know. Could it be my gorgeous and talented boyfriend, Cameron?” Amber asked. Cameron laughed and wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her cheek and she smiled. “You guys are so cute” I said. Amber and Cameron have been dating for three years. Cameron just couldn’t get up the nerve to ask her to go out with him. They wouldn’t be together if it weren’t for Tyler and I locking them in a room and not letting them out until he asked her. “Maybe so, but tonight, it’s your night. And Tyler’s since it’s also you’re five year anniversary” Amber said. I smiled. “I can’t believe it’s been that long” I said. “It seems like just yesterday we met…” “And it was actually 8 years ago” Cameron said. I nodded. “Amazing how the time flies when you’re around people you love” “You speak the truth cuzo” Cameron said. I laughed and rolled my eyes. He gets weird around Amber sometimes.

”Present time” Amber said pushing me into a chair. “But Tyler isn’t here yet…” I said. “I told you he was going to be late” Cameron said. “This is late” I said. “He’ll be here soon! I promise” Cameron said. I looked at Cameron. “Is that my soon or you guy’s soon?” I asked. Cameron started to say something and then paused. “Well, it should be your soon” He said. I sat down in the chair and Cameron gave me his present. I started to open it when the front door opened and I heard a guitar playing. Tyler and Dan walked into the living room. Dan was playing guitar and Tyler was singing. “Set on this girl and I just can't show it. I'm taking my time cause I don't wanna blow it, but I can't get her out of my mind. She looks one way and I look another. All my friends say "Please, don't bother." But I can't see the truth when I'm blind. I know it's real. The older that I get, the less that I regret, and baby, it's 'cause of you. Since the day we met, you know I won't forget, that baby, my Amy’s true.” Cameron and Amber stepped back and let Tyler stand right in front of me. Dan stood behind him.

“Oh Amy, A-A-Amy. You've changed my life. Oh Amy, A-A-Amy. You make everything, all right. A-A-Amy. She smiles like a new sunrise. Her funny laugh was so surprising, but I can't get her off of my mind. She lights up a room like a full moon shining. I try to look cool, but she's not buying, cause girls like these are so hard to find.” Tyler grinned and tears started to well up in my eyes. No one had ever done something like this for me before. “I know it's real. The older that I get, the less that I regret, and baby, it's cause of you. Since the day we met, you know I won't forget, that baby, my Amy’s true. Oh Amy, A-A-Amy. You've changed my life. Oh Amy, A-A-Amy. You make everything, all right.” Tyler took my hand and stared into my eyes. “Now I've made up my mind, and I'll move mountains to be with you. I'm done taking my time, and in the end, I always knew (Always knew) Always knew. The older that I get, the less that I regret, and baby, it's 'cause of you. Since the day we met, you know I won't forget, that baby, my Amy’s true.”

“Oh Amy, A-A-Amy. You make everything all right. Oh Amy, A-A-Amy. You've changed my life. Amy, A-A-Amy. You make everything, all right” Tyler got down on one knee and Cameron handed him a little box. I covered my mouth. “Amy, I love you. These past five years have been the best years of my life. ‘The older that I get, the less that I regret and baby, it’s cause of you’ Will you marry me?” Tyler opened up the box. I couldn’t hold the tears anymore. I started crying. I nodded. Tyler stood up and pulled me off the chair and gave me a hug. He kissed my cheek. “I love you, Ams” Tyler whispered. I smiled. “I love you too, Tyler”