New fridays

Friday night's have changed for Jared. Instead of his mother and him sitting down for pizza together, he came home and ordered out wherever he wanted while his mom went out on a date with her boyfriend. Jared hadn't really met her boyfriend, he just knew his mom loved him.

      Jared stayed up and waited for his mom to come home each Friday night. He usually stays up pretty late but they stayed later for some reason. She finally came in giggling and saying bye to her boyfriend around ten o'clock.

      "Just where were you young lady? It is ten o'clock at night! If this keeps up I don't think I'll let you continue seeing this guy!" Jared said sternly crossing his arms.

      "That's cute!" She laughed. "But I'm the parent here! Not you!"

      "Whatever!" He laughed back. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight!"

      "Goodnight sweetie!" She waved bye too him. She turned in about a half an hour later.

       The next morning they found out it wasn't such a good night for Jared after all. He was up early in the living room laughing maniacally. His mother came down to see what was going on.

       "Oh! Mother! How did you sleep last night? It looked like you were sleeping well..." Jared said. His eyes were a bit wider and creepier and there were really really dark circles under his eyes and he was actually smiling. He rarely ever smiles! It was a creepy smile too! His hair was even messier than most mornings too.

        "Excuse me?" His mother asked.

        "Don't worry about it!" He said.

        "Are you feeling ok?" She tried feeling his forehead. He felt fine

        "I'm fine mother!" Jared grabbed her wrist and pulled it to the side a little. She noticed his one fang was more visible than usual.

        "Than what's going on with you?"

        "Oh, ya know. I just took a little walk through the forest last night. I'm fine. No big deal." He said. His mother looked down and noticed the bottom of his pajama pants were dirty. "Well I'm tired." He yawned. "I'm gonna get some sleep." Then he immediately passed out on the couch. His mother stayed near him as long as she could to make sure he was ok. An hour later he woke up looking like his normal self and not that creepy new version of him.

        "Hello sweetie! Are you feeling ok?" His mother greeted him.

        "Yeah." He said putting one hand on top of his head as if he had a headache. "What happened? Why am I on the couch?"

        "You don't remember?"

        "Apparently not."

        "You were down here at about 5:30 this morning laughing and when I came down you said that I looked like I slept fine last night and you took a walk through the forest."

        "Really? You must be lying!"

        "No it's true! And your eyes were wide, your special tooth was more visible and you were smiling creepily."

        "You have to be ly-" He started noticing that his feet were dirty. "How could that have happened?!"

        "I don't really know..."

        "We have to figure this out."

        "Don't worry. I was way ahead of you with that thought." She reassured him.