Two

Nicole’s P.O.V

        So now here we are, 8 months later at this party Layla invited us to as she’s become a fan of having us around. Layla has told me again and again that she’s noticed how Ashton has changed me for the better which makes me feel like maybe i’m finally becoming worthy of having this loser in my life. On the drive to the party, I was reading Paper Towns for probably the 100th time over when I kept seeing Ashton looking over at me with that adorable smile of his with the signature dimples as well.

                “What?” I ask, looking up from my book and his eyes meet mine, making my stomach tie in knots.

                “Nothing. Just thinking about how lucky I am to have you.” He says and I try to hold back the huge grin on my face but fail miserably. If only he knew what goes on in my head when he looks at me like that.

                “Shut up.” I say, closing my book and swatting his arm with it, making him laugh. I know he knows I’m the lucky one here, he just doesn’t like to bring it up.

            Ashton’s P.O.V

        We were on the drive to Nicole’s best friends party and of course, I was the one driving. When Nicole drives, i’ll just say it feels like we could go off the road at any second and I really don’t want to die so, I took decided to take the wheel. While I was driving, Nicole was reading her favorite beaten down novel of hers, Paper Towns, and she looks absolutely stunning. I try to keep my eyes on the road but they keep wandering over to look over at her to see her smile when she reads those certain words and to see her get lost in that alternate world that she’s head over heels for. Nicole ends up catching me staring at her, making me smile wide.

                “What?” She asks, my eyes meeting hers and I see her cheeks flush.

                “Nothing. Just thinking about how lucky I am to have you.” I say, turning back to look at the road and I can see out of the corner of my eye, she’s smiling nice and wide.

                “Shut up.” She says, closing her book and swatting my arm with it, making me laugh. I really am so lucky to have her and I just want her to know that.