Nightmare Moon

“What are all you gawking at?” Blitz asked. “That thing is not our Princess Luna. It is the thing that will burn down Canterlot if we don’t stop it. Now get to your assigned duties before we let that thing happen,” Blitz commanded.

“But sir, who’s going to take care of Nightmare Moon?” Black Stone asked in a frightened voice.

“Leave that to me. Just get to your stations. NOW!” Blitz ordered commandingly. The royal guard dispersed in a flurry of unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies. Blitz flew off in the direction of Nightmare Moon. He began to cry, but choked back his tears because crying would not inspire his troops. No guard needs to see their commander crying like a little foal.

Blitz continued alone to get to Nightmare before the miasma made her do something horrible.

“Ah, Blitz Lightning. Such a pleasure for you to join us. We have been waiting for the most decorated soldier in all of Equestria’s military show up,” Nightmare cooed in a seductive voice. Blitz nearly shrieked in horror. It was Luna’s voice. How could he ever attack his fiance, whom he loved so dearly?

“Y-you won’t win N-Nightmare. W-We will d-defeat you and get L-Luna back,” Blitz choked.

“Hmm, it seems that he doesn’t know that we are only Luna, amplified by the Miasma. We have gotten so much more power because of the Miasma. It is the best thing that has ever happened to us,” Nightmare calmly said.

Blitz remembered that he had to be the confident commander that his ponies looked up to. He choked back his horror and questioned, “Who is we?”

Nightmare laughed evilly, “Why, we is Luna and Nightmare darling. I was sure that someone as intelligent as you are would have been able to figure that out. Perhaps the Equestrian military is really overrated. Or could you be restraining yourself? Could Blitz Lightning, the captain of the royal guard, the one who says never hold back, be stopping himself from attacking?” Nightmare taunted. She knew exactly what he was doing.

Blitz could barely hold on his scowling face, he was so sad. In fact, he was so sad that he felt like a fog had began to clot out his thoughts. He got a strange feeling that something other than Nightmare Moon was here that had tremendous power. He began to look around blindly for no reason.

Nightmare noticed this and opened her mouth to say something important. “Ah, it seems that Mother and Father have taken dear Celestia away to a safer place. She’s abandoned you and all the rest of these pitiful ponies in the city,” Nightmare scoffed victoriously.

Blitz turned away. How could it be true? The King and Queen actually heard their pleas for help from a method that had never been used before, and they only saved there older daughter? He couldn’t believe this, but that must be why he felt the power. Blitz’s body surged with an overwhelming anger.

He turned toward Nightmare with more anger then ever before. Nightmare  sensed what he was planning to do, and grinned maliciously. This only made Blitz’s anger grow. They maintained this gaze for what seemed like hours until Blitz couldn’t take it anymore.

Blitz broke the dead stare with a battle cry like none other before this. He shot the most deadly spell he knew at Nightmare. He maintained it in a beam and heard a sound like a sonic rain-boom. He looked up slightly and the nerves beneath his skin shivered horrified.

Nightmare was easily repelling it with the same spell. “Oh Blitz, you’re so predictable, and weak. You know what, I’ll defeat you quickly so you don’t have to see the rest of your pathetic guards destroyed,” Nightmare proclaimed evilly.

Blitz could then tell that she really tried to force the beam back at him. Blitz tried even harder to push the beam back but it didn’t matter. He was failing. Nightmare’s beam was now touching his horn. Blitz screamed in pain as he let go of his small resistance. Nightmare smiled even more and relinquished the beam as Blitz fell to the ground. He was could barely stay conscious as he fell and Nightmare became a tiny black dot in the orange sky.

Blitz fell and fell and Blitz thought that it was the end. He thought that Nightmare won everything. Right as he thought he was going to hit the ground, something picked him up. It went faster than anything Blitz had ever heard of. It had a fiery red mane, and a shiny, bright yellow coat. Blitz didn’t know why, but this strange being only made Blitz think of the sun. Then Blitz blacked out.