CHAPTER # 33

Depuis le début

" You dare leave me, I'll come with you! I'll kill myself! We are stuck together, you promised. You promised we will always stay together. You go up there, I'll come with you there! If you can't come back to me, I'll come with you. I'll kill myself you hear me!''

I was a mess with all the tears streaming down my face. I decided that if her heart didn't beat after the fourth trial, I would make my heart stop beating.

I would never leave her, neither here in the world nor there in the heavens.

She took a deep breath before her mouth was covered with an oxygen mask and her heart beat was shown on the heart monitor

Again tears of joy came down my eyes and I slumped down on the floor. My friends hugged me to support me but I laughed with teary eyes and said, "Did you all see that? She loves me. She really loves me. She came back for me. She still loves me after seeing me in that shameless position with a naked woman above me. Why does she love me so much? She is my life. My life came back to me.''

Getting out of their hold, I again looked at her through the glass window and whispered to her, " I didn't do it baby girl. I love you. I love you so much. You are the only one for me. I swear I didn't do it. Believe me. Believe in your Xavi.''

The doctors came out and looked at me sympathetically

The doctors came out and looked at me sympathetically. Ignoring their looks I asked, "How is she? Is she alright now?''

The senior doctor said, "Sir, your wife is out of danger now. She had a cardiac shock. Young people like her get that without having any previous cardiac disease. It happens when they experience a severe mental or emotional shock. It's like their most scary nightmare comes to life right in front of their eyes and that is why their weak heart can't take it. Yesterday, a 16 year old girl came with similar condition like your wife. Her friends scared her to death in the name of a stupid prank using their ghost and zombie makeover.

Could you tell us what did your wife saw or experience that her weak heart couldn't take it?''

Without averting my eyes from my wife through the glass window I replied, "You are right, doctor. She saw her biggest fear, her most scary nightmare coming to life in front of her eyes.''

Then after a pause I asked, "Can I meet her?''

He sighed and said, "Yes, you can but one at a time.''

Without another word I ran inside the room. I entered the room but stopped immediately when I saw my baby girl with oxygen mask, I.V and a heart monitor.

I walked carefully towards her. Sitting beside her on a nearby chair I gently held her hand in mine.

I found out that day that my tough looking wife who could beat the shit out of my friends, was a fragile, extremely delicate woman, my sweet woman.

Again tears came out of my eyes. These tears, this feeling of breaking apart returned to me for the second time in my life.

First, when I lost my parents.

Second, when I nearly lost my wife, my love.

Kissing her hand I whispered, " I didn't do it. I swear, I didn't do it. I really love you, only you.''

Then a hand landed on my shoulder and I heard Ace saying, "Xavier, she is awake.''

I snapped my head towards him and said in my hard voice, "Lets go then.''

Glancing at my wife, I walked out of the room behind Ace. When we came out Sarah approached me and said, " We will look after her. We are here, don't worry and go.''

Nodding at her, I followed my friends to her room. She again started shaking in fear when I came into her view.

Roman growled, "Meet your ex-accounting manager, Sophia.''

I was shaking in anger. I was seeing red but I wanted to know the real culprit so that I could end his or her pathetic life.

I asked in my cold and low voice, "Who did it?''

She stuttered, "Maxwell.''

Charging towards her I growled, "You bitch......''

But I was held back by my friends.

"Control yourself man, I am sure your baby girl won't like it that you did something bad to a woman.'' said Lucas.

Shrugging their hold I groaned, "She had a problem with me. I was the one who fired her. Stella didn't even know her. Yet because of her my baby girl had to face death. Just because of their stupid drama, I nearly lost my wife.''

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath. Then glaring at her I said, "Lucas here, will record you and you will speak only the damn truth. Confess your sin! I really want you dead but since my wife won't like it that I killed a woman that is why you have to live like a dead person. Don't ever show your face to me or my wife, not even my family in future. If I even saw a glimpse of you ever in my life again then I'll kill you on the spot and my friends won't be there to stop me.''

She fearfully nodded her head quickly.

"Lucas, record her confession, man.''

Then I got out of the room with Ace and Roman following me.

"Lets get that bastard guys.'' I said

"We got him already.'' said Roman.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around surprised.

"We are not only your friends but your family as well and you are not the only one who helped us many times in our life.'' said Ace.

"Yeah, no matter how much we fight with Stella but it's a truth that today we are happily married, enjoying our life with our wives and kids only because of her. If she didn't put some sense in us and saved our marriages, we wouldn't have been able to change our kids diapers and have our loving wives waiting for us at home. You and Stella both are our family.''

Hearing that I got emotional again at the mention of my angel.

We group hugged and then Lucas too joined us in the group hug.