CHAPTER # 31

CHAPTER # 31

I was in my office. I couldn't help but glance at my wife who was working on her laptop while sitting on her desk in our office. It had been two weeks since she joined her position as the CEO of the software company.

She was really good at it. Every morning, she would work the first three hours straight on the laptop with all the concentration in the world and lots of vanilla shake. Even I was not allowed to approach her during that time. The next hour she would meet her employees and give them instructions. Then we would have lunch together. After that, she would go home to check on the house staff.

She is really something.

She manages everything effortlessly.

Many times she would work from home on her laptop and give her employees surprise visits.

You know what was the most interesting thing about her company?

She had appointed people who were all in their teens. They were young, without any experience, without any proper degree as they were still studying.

Some of them were even college drop outs.

Even five of them were autistic, still her company was doing good.

She even designed many software programs for my company. In fact, her first designed software was for me.

Last week, she caught Maxwell who was my competitor. She caught him hacking my new project details. It was a mega project for which many companies were competing with each other. But he stoop so low hacking my project details because my company was one of the top three selected companies for this project. His company was also included in those three companies. But still he acted like a coward.

I mean, I and my employees worked hard for that project but still I didn't care if I win or lose that project as I was satisfied with the fact that I gave my hundred percent.

Moreover, after having Stella in my life as my wife, I felt like I have accomplished everything.

When she caught him hacking on my project she told me about it. I was boiling in rage. I was going to beat the shit out of him but my intelligent wife calmed me down by her magical kiss.

She took the matter in her hands and asked for my support which she didn't have to ask for as it was her right.

We handed him to the police along with evidence that Stella provided them.

I still remember what she told him when he was being hand cuffed by the police in his own office.

"You know Xavi is also human. He doesn't have two brains in his skull. He is not an alien, werewolf or a vampire. Same is the case with his employees.

You didn't have to steal his project when you are also a human just like him. You can also come up with great ideas. Maybe you would have won this project, as a matter of fact you were among the three finalists all on your own. You should have believed in yourself but you lost all your chances with stealing.

Think. Think again and again what you got and what you lost?

Xavi wouldn't even mind if he couldn't get the project as he has many things in his life that are worth to celebrate for.''

She turned around but stopped when he cursed out loud.

"F*ck him! F*ck your Xavi. He always got what he wanted! That is why he is happy all the damn time. He even got Roseline in high school who was my crush. He got friends who can do anything for him. Then he got you, his ultimate happiness!'' he spat angrily looking at her menacingly.

I ran towards him for looking at my Stella and talking to her that way. I shouted, "YOU BASTARD!''

But Stella hugged me on my way by wrapping her arms around my waist. Even that didn't stop him,

"You said he wouldn't mind if he lost the project? Well, you know what I want? I want to see him defeated like a man who has lost his everything.''

Stella turned towards him, " Then I want to inform you something. Your wish would never ever come true. As long as I am with Xavi. I would always make sure to keep him happy! YOU JERK! ASSHOLE! BASTARD!'' saying this in a lightening speed she kicked him between his legs really hard, making the officers wince at him while he was shouting in pain.

Then turning towards the officer she said, "Sorry officer, I got a cramp in my leg.''

The officer nodded quickly in fear and hurriedly dragged a crying Maxwell out before he could experience more damage.

Still there was something bothering me since morning and I didn't know what?

I had this restless feeling in my heart, that I couldn't explain. But whenever I looked at Stella like I was doing then, I felt peace and my heart started to beat normal. I was filled with calmness inside me.

She is really my soothing balm, my medicine, my pacemaker.

She is everything for me.

She looked at me and asked, "Is everything alright, Xavi?''

I said, "Now it is.''

She got up and walked towards me. She sat on my lap and wrapped her arm around my neck. She kissed me slowly and passionately.

I lost all my worries while kissing her. She pulled away and asked, "Feeling good now?''

I smiled at her. Then combing my hair with her fingers she looked at me like searching for something. Looking into my eyes she said, " I love you, Xavi. The love.... I have for you, never take it for granted.''

Then looking at my hand that she was holding she said,

"Don't curl your fist too tight as my heart is literally in your palm.''

To lighten the mood I said, " But I like it more when your cute cheeks are in my palms.'' I chuckled but Stella didn't smile at me and kept staring in my eyes.

I hugged her tight to me and felt her heart beating loudly, rapidly against my chest.

To calm her down I brushed her hair with my fingers and said,

"I love you very much, baby girl.''

Her heart seemed to calm down and she hugged me tight. We pulled away after sometime.

"Work while sitting here.'' I whispered rubbing her thigh as she was wearing a knee length dress.

"Let me get my laptop.'' she said but I pushed my chair to roll over towards her desk while she was sitting on my lap.

Then getting her laptop we again rolled over our chair towards my desk.

"Remember we have a party to attend in evening.'' I whispered against her neck before kissing her neck.

She giggled and said, "Yeah, I remember.''

Kissing me on my cheek she proceeded to her work and I started my work too. As the restlessness that I felt was gone the moment she came close to me.