V: Social Butterflies

1st person p.o.v: Tyler.

The same day Troye had me almost maul my car into his, passed by relatively smoothly. I ended up unable to complete anything from our group project in Parenting 101 (the car ruckus took too much of my time), nor did I get to pass by him for the rest of the day (fortunately, because if I had, I would have started angrily harassing him right there and then, to the point where he'd be begging to feel straight again). I skipped Bio and he didn't come to Parenting - our shared classes. But that didn't mean he left my mind altogether.

Pretty much the contrary, actually. Troye Sivan must be fucking exhausted right now from running through my mind all day.

Classes and school in general passed by surprisingly fast; usually, days seemed to drag on and on and on. Maybe it was the affect of the dark, wet weather currently looming over the entirety of the city - the rain had always made my days a bit better. Or maybe it was my current distraction, Troye, with my mind insisting that thoughts of the biggest and most infuriating ignorant was much better than focusing on Shakespearean plays and Biological sequences within the body. Maybe it was, I don't know.

To be fair, it was much better imagining his flushed, angry face as I cackled in the sidelines in comparison to reciting lines of Englishmen prancing around arguing about women and who gets to get who. (Really, Shakespeare?)

I wandered down the halls absentmindedly, staring past people with my mind occupied by such thoughts. My locker was down the hall and the halls were starting to fill with other students as the bell had rung a few seconds ago, so I took hurried steps to avoid bumping into more students. Familiar yet nameless faces whizzed past, some smiling, some blank, but I choose to ignore them all as I approach my locker. By the time I get there, Zoe, three lockers down, was already entering the code into her lock.

"Hey, girl," I smiled, placing my bag down on the floor as I worked on opening my lock.

Zoe grinned and waved a bit despite being just a few feet away. "Ty!" She squealed, leaving her locker to fling her arms around me, like she always would. My hands were occupied so I simply squished my cheeks against her face. She let out a giggle, and released me, running back to her locker.

"Something good happened today?" Zoe was acting a bit more bouncy than usual, so I couldn't help it but feel curious.

She turned to me with bright eyes, "Well.. Ms. Doyle said I did really good on the essay part of my last project."

That wasn't all. She wasn't spilling everything. I narrowed my eyes, mentally hoping that she knew my glare meant that I was trying to convey to her that I knew she was keeping something out. Zoe rolled her eyes and smiled wider, and with that I knew she got my message.

"Fine, fine. You know, like, Alfie and I.." she paused. My eyes widened in realization - how could've I forgotten! "Yeah, well, he called, and apparently he's planning to do something for our second, you know, and... Tyler, stop looking like that, you dork!" She exclaimed, laughing.

I couldn't help it - being the one to set them up, I shipped Alfie and Zoe hard, and I was majorly happy for them whenever they did exiting couple stuff, especially during their anniversaries.

Quickly, I shoved the unneeded books inside my locker and took out the papers I had to review for tomorrow, before slamming the door shut. Zoe looked at me funny with amusement in her eyes as I skipped towards her, demanding all the details of what they were planning to do for their second year anniversary.

-

"-and yeah, basically, that's it. I mean, I was just thinking about something really simple but I guess being able to spend two years tolerating and being sappy towards each other deserves to have some kind of celebration." Zoe giggled.