"Yeah Jess, we get it you're excited."

"Okay okay enough of that. Are you giving me a ride to school today?"

"Yeah but we have to pick up Natalie and Josie for daycare. Alma is going with them and Tia wants me to drop them off to save her a trip."

"I thought Lana had an off day today?"

"She did, but they called her in."

"Oh wow again? Jesus when does she get a break?"

"That's what I  said!"

"Okay well what time are you coming around or you want me to walk to your house real quick?" I check the time seeing it was 6:48, which meant we had to hurry up. School started at 7:45, but we still had to get our schedules and I don't want to be late on the first day.

"Just walk here. It's not like it's a far walk." I laugh knowing that she lives like two houses down.

"Alright bye! Ya voy m-" She yelled before I  hung up on her. Her and her mom are on thin ice ever since her grades went down. They blame Noah, but I think she just got tired of trying to please her mom, I mean our family is very hard to please.

I  hung up the phone and finished up Alma's hair and went downstairs to see about half of my family waiting there talking and all.

"Hola Familia!" I  yell. They all begin to come and hug me while Alma goes with my mom and the other kids to get their breakfast. They begin hitting me with question after question. However, the one my Tita asks me is the one everyone wants to know.

"Y el novia?" She asks me, they've been asking me about this since Jess introduced Noah to the family. {Translation: And the boyfriend?}

"Aye Tita te digo que no tengo novio." I say loud enough for everyone to hear and stop asking the same question. {Translation: I tell you Tita I don't have a boyfriend.}

"I'm telling you she's lesbian." Says my Tio George. You see my family thinks I don't know, but they have a bet that I'm gonna come out as lesbian, but I'm gonna burst their bubble now.

"Okay I'm gonna say this once and for all. I am STRAIGHT! You guys know I    have nothing against gay people, but I'm simply not gay." I  say and they all start pulling money out of their pockets and wallets putting things like "shit" or "fuck".

I see they hand it all to my Tita while I just stand there confused, there was easily over two hundred dollars. I feel happy for my Tita, but then again offended that they had so much money riding on this. I  want to at least get half.

"I told you guys. There's no way she's lesbian with that ass." I  rolled my eyes walking away.

"I'm here familia!" Yells Jess as she walks in.

"Thank god we need to leave it's" I pause to look at my phone, "7:03. Plus we still need to leave these kids at day care."

"I  don't go to day care remember I'm in eighth grade?" said Julie. She likes to think that just because she's 13 she's grown, but she's not. I'll embarrass her anyway.

"Oh calm down honey, I'll take you with the kids. Adios Familia!" I yelled as I grabbed Alma. I    suppose Nati and Josie are going with their other grandmother.

I unlock my jeep while they get in and I put Alma in her car seat. People thinks it's weird when they see the car seat in my car thinking I'm a mom, but I don't mind they can think what they want, I   don't care anymore at this point.

We pull up to New Vista Middle School to drop off Julie. We decided not to embarrass her considering we were in a hurry. Then we made in to Sunny Side day care and quickly left, trying to get to school on time.

We received our schedules and raced to class with our backpacks, I barely made it to class in time. First class of the day was English, I    always loved English ever since I    first arrived in the U.S. Just in case you didn't know I'm not exactly from here, I'm only a resident. I was born in Jalisco, Mexico, but the only people who know that are my family because people will make fun of me for it.

I enter the class and quickly find a seat in the back as the bell rang.

"Okay class let's get started. My name is Mrs. Smith and welcome to English 12 AP!" Many people around me groaned or were just on their phones while I paid close attention, that is until the door opened and everyone looked towards it.

"Ah nice enough for you to join us Mr. Mendes." Said Mrs. Smith. There stood probably the most handsome guy I've ever seen. He was wearing black jeans, black button up shirt, black boots, and a black leather jacket while he was holding his black motorcycle helmet. Guessing his favorite color is black. Shawn Mendes was the school's bad boy, he moved here from Canada when we were in seventh grade, but high school came around and he started gaining popularity for his looks, but he ignored everyone and kept to himself. I've seen him around, but I don't speak to him, it's not like anyone else does.

"Yeah... whatever." He mumbled while looking around until he saw me and looked away when I  gave him a small smile.

"Right, well you can sit next to Miss..." She paused waiting for me to announce my name while pointing at me.

"Jennifer, Jennifer Martinez" I said quietly, not wanting to draw too much attention to myself.

"Correct. Take a seat next to Miss Martinez." She said and with that he walked over taking a seat, but not saying another word for the rest of the period. Oh crap! I haven't introduced myself.

Well I'm Jennifer Martinez, a Senior attending Eastside High. Not exactly popular, but also not unknown,  I'm only known through sports and Jess, which I don't mind because I don't like attention. That's about it, yeah I know pretty boring.

Mrs. Smith handed out our reading list and syllabus for the year and I passed the sheet to Shawn, hoping we could at least acknowledge each other, but no because he was just staring straight ahead without a care in the world... this is gonna be a long year.

Shawn's POV

There she was looking as beautiful as the last time I saw her. I  thought I   got over her this summer, but I walked in and saw her smile at me and it made me wanna smile.

I didn't though, I looked at her so coldly, making it seem like she had no affect on me. I've never actually talked to her all I know about her is that she's Latina, into sports, her cousin is Jessica cheer captain, and her name is Jennifer.

The teacher sat me next to her which I didn't mind, but I knew she wouldn't want to be associated with someone like me. The ' bad boy' of the school who had no heart and was always alone, that's all she knew me as and she doesn't want to know more.

She handed me my paper, I  saw her smile at me, but I kept looking straight with my straight face... this is gonna be a long year.