[1]

Jen's POV

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"Crap," I mutter under my breath as I  hit snooze on my alarm clock. After a summer of sleeping in and doing all I want I definitely didn't miss this, but it's senior year, might as well make the best of it.

Just as I was getting up,  in comes my sister freaking out. Lana has quite the colorful past. She got pregnant by her boyfriend at the age of 19, she gave birth at 20, but he ended up leaving her saying it was "too much" for him to handle. Now she's 24 and her daughter, Alma, is 4. Yes they live with us because Lana is trying to balance school, work, and a daughter all at the same time so we help her until she gets a good grip on this.

"Jen, look they called me into work today. I was suppose to have the day off, but not anymore. Can you please please please get Alma ready for daycare?" She said looking like I    was her last resort.

Our family is very close so we live around as much family as we have in the U.S., we try to keep each other close. For example, we live in a very small neighborhood, with only about seven houses in it. Those houses all belong to my family, they decided they wanted us to grow around family as much as we could so that's exactly how we were brought up. Therefore, my sister has a lot more family to ask, but she doesn't ask because they would judge her for it, which is why she comes to me because she know I won't judge and I love Alma so much.

"Yeah sure, I'll get her ready. Pero en serio ve antes de llegar tarde" I said to her. She has an issue with time management. {Translation: But seriously go before you're late."}

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. You're the best sister ever! Okay bye mamas I love you. Be good for your Tia." She said to Alma while kissing her forehead. "Pick her up for me too, thanks, bye." She said before running out the door. She's a nurse so when they call her in for work it's usually an all day shift.

"Okay mamas we have to leave soon because we have to take your cousins to day care too, so can you pick out your own clothes?" She was still in her pajamas, all I would have to do is make sure her hair is nice.

"Yay!" She said running off into her room. She loves picking out her clothes because she feels like a "big girl".

"Esta bien, tenemos que irnos ahora!" I yelled making sure that she heard me while I  went to the bathroom to quickly get ready. {Translation: Okay, we have to go now!}

I brushed my teeth, changed into a burgundy shirt, black cropped jeans, and my black vans. I left my hair alone, which reached my lower back, it looked nice natural. I did my eyebrows and my mascara, I didn't exactly try because after attending this school for the past four years you kinda lose interest in trying to impress the same exact people.

I  went to go check up on Alma to see how everything was going, as I entered her room I saw she was ready.

"Okay mamas are you ready for your hair?" She nodded her head and I started brushing her hair while she decided what she wanted her hair to be like today.

"Tia. Tia. Tia. Tia Jen!" She kept calling, which meant she knew what she wanted.

" Yes Mama?" Mama and mamas are her nicknames that we usually call her, she doesn't seem to mind them.

" Can you give me the two trenzas please?" She said stretching out the 'e'.

"Yeah, but hold still please." I started on the braids when we were interrupted by my Tita handing me the phone.

"Hello?" I speak into the phone.

"Jen! It's finally senior year yes bitch!" Says my cousin Jess. Jess has been excited about senior year since junior year. Her and her boyfriend, Noah, have been waiting for senior year since forever. They've been together since sophomore year and are basically the power couple, the football player with the cheerleader.