Mimbulus Mimbletonia: Year 5

Start from the beginning

It was a strange thing to see. A dog winking.

"WILL YOU LOT GET DOWN HERE NOW, PLEASE!" Mrs. Weasley shouted from the front hall. Sirius wagged his tail one last time and trotted out the door to where Harry would be.

Ron and Hermione raced into the kitchen.

"MUDBLOODS! SCUM! CREATURES OF DIRT!"

The front door slammed shut, and Moody turned to them.

"Alright, you three," He turned to Amisty, Ron, and Hermione, "are with Arthur, and the rest of you are with Lupin. Off you go."

Mr. Weasley ushered them off to the street, and they walked as quickly as they could to King's Cross Station.

Moody was taking care of the luggage and animals, so they just looked like a rather strange family off on a rush to the train.

Amisty took a deep breath, relishing in the feeling of sunlight on her skin and the gentle breeze brushing past. She hadn't been outside properly in what felt like centuries.

Once they reached the station and fell casually through the barrier to Platform Nine and Three Quarters, they were greeted by the sight of a very anxious Mrs. Weasley and Moody with a hat covering his eyes, all their luggage in the cart he was pushing.

Lupin, Fred, George, and Ginny were close to follow.

"No trouble?" Moody growled to Lupin.

"Nothing," Lupin nodded.

"I'll still be reporting Sturgis to Dumbledore. That's the second time he's not turned up in a week. Getting as unreliable as Mundungus," Moody muttered.

Lupin went around, shaking all their hands with a smile, "Well, look after yourselves. You too, Harry, be careful."

"Yeah, keep your head down and your eyes peeled. And don't forget, all of you -- careful what you put in writing," Moody told them, his blue eye fixed on Amisty and she shifted uncomfortably. "If in doubt, don't put it in a letter at all."

"It's been great meeting all of you. We'll see you soon, I expect," Tonks beamed, pulling Amisty into a tight hug.

The warning whistle echoed around the station, and everyone still remaining on the platform rushed toward the open doors.

"Quick, quick," Mrs. Weasley fretted, hugging them sporadically. "Write... Be good... If you've forgotten anything we'll send it on... Onto the train, now, hurry..."

Amisty grabbed her trunk, racing off and leaping through the door, Echo's cage almost catching the side before she adjusted in time.

"See you!" Harry called as the rest of them waved enthusiastically out the open window. Sirius was bounding alongside the train, tail wagging a mile a minute as the parents and guardians laughed.

"He shouldn't have come with us," Hermione wrung her hands, staring out the window worriedly as they rounded the corner and the station disappeared from view.

"Oh lighten up, he hasn't seen daylight for months, poor bloke," Ron shoved her lightly.

Amisty shuddered at the thought.

"Well, can't stand around chatting all day, we've got business to discuss with Lee," Fred clasped his hands and grinned as he headed down the right corridor with George. "See you later."

"Don't do anything illegal," Amisty called after them.

"No promises!" George shouted back, and they disappeared inside a compartment.