Chapter 14

"Allison?" Stiles then glanced over at Chris. "What's going on?"

"We got back home and overheard a conversation between my father, sister and my wife."

"I can tell this isn't going to go anywhere good." Stiles sighed as he moved to let the new arrivals in so they could sit down.

"Jackson?" She couldn't believe that he was here of all places.

"Do you feel up to telling us about it?" Talia didn't want to force the issue; it was clearly upsetting to them, and the young man was still upset by his girlfriend being hurt. As soon as Stiles called she headed back home straight away.

"Dad can you..." She waved her hand around to let him know he could tell the story.

"Of course sweetheart, it seems as if my father's been in contact with Scott. They've played on his ego and his feelings for Allison."

"What an idiot."

"Stiles." Talia admonished.

"He isn't wrong though." She added.

"He knows about Deucalion." Chris looked over at Stiles. "He knows you're a Pure Spark and that I'm a Guardian. He wants your power, to obtain that end he's told Scott you're keeping him and Allison apart. They want him to hurt people so they can use the code to eventually take him out. If he hurts the rest of you taking Stiles would be a lot easier."

Talia's eyes flashed red. "No one will get hurt, and they will NOT take my emissary. You'd both better stay here."

"He hurt Lydia, and now he plans to hurt Stiles," Jackson mumbled.

"What happened to Lydia?" Allison asked.

"Erica and Boyd were taken by Deucalion. I told him about it, asked him how we were going to rescue them. Scott said he wasn't going to, but would replace them. He, he bit Lydia."

"He did what." Chris stared in horror.

"I managed to get her to the hospital, I then came straight here."

"Is she going to be okay?" They may have their problems, but the other girl was still her friend.

"Elisa and I are going to the hospital to check on her." Talia smiled reassuringly at them. "We'll do everything we can to help her."

XXXXX

Kate was so very bored; this plan was taking too long. Here she was driving to meet up with her father and make some more damn plans. She didn't care about this Pure Spark thing. All that mattered was wiping out the monsters and at the top of that list was Derek Hale, but she was going to have fun with him first. He belonged to her, nobody else could have him, and soon that werewolf would understand that.

Derek had been a cute kid, but now that she was him as an adult she had to admit he was gorgeous. She tightened her hand on the wheel; she couldn't wait to get her hands on that impressive body. Once she was done, then and only then would Kate end his life. Just then out of the corner of her eye she noticed movement through the woods. It was a werewolf there was no doubt about that. It was clear to her by the way it moved. It was time to have some fun. She pulled over, grabbed her gun and climbed out of the car and ran after her prey. It had been a good thing that she hadn't been driving fast.

"Werewolves are such idiots," Kate muttered to herself.

"Are we now?" A smooth, cultured voice spoke from just behind her.

Before she could do anything, her gun was taken, and Kate was thrown against a tree.

"So you were right in watching her and that she would follow one of us." Kali stroked a grotesquely long nail down the other woman's face.