"Does he know?"

"No," she said.

"What? Why?"

"Why does he need to know?" she looked at him. "I mean, he's with someone else. He likes Smackle. He's happy with her."

"Are you kidding me?" Anthony said. "Ever since you two became friends, he seems much happier being around you then Smackle."

"Yeah, sure," she said, not believing him.

"Ellie," Anthony said.

"What?"

"He likes you," he insisted. "I know he does."

"I doubt it," she said.

Anthony sighed. "You know what, I'm not going to persist this. Let's just leave the school. It's the end of the day.

When Farkle walked away, Anthony and Ellie started to walk out of the school.

"What was that about?" Anthony asked.

"Nothing," she said. "He wrote a quote. Well, I think it's quote, but I'm not so sure."

Anthony nodded. "Right. Do you want to come over to work on homework? Peyton is."

"I'm sorry, I can't," she said. "Noah and I promised to take Tyler to baseball practice then go home and work on homework."

"Oh," he said. "Alright. I guess I'll see you later."

"Yeah, bye," she said.

"Later," he said, before walking away. She watched Anthony walk away.

"Hey," Noah Taylor greeted her. 

"Hi, Noah," she said. 

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah," she said.

They started walking to her apartment to get Tyler.

"Everything alright?" Noah asked. "You seem a bit off."

"Do you know what it's like to watch someone you have fall for be with someone else or just like someone that isn't you?" she asked Noah.

"Yeah," he said. "The girl that I fell for, she's had eyes for someone that isn't me and it kills me everyday, but I just let her be because I know it makes her happy. Why?"

"Because.... there's a guy I really like but he's with someone else," Ellie explained.

"Oh, that sucks," he said. "Who is it? Do I know him?"

"Yeah, he's one of your best friends."

"Aaron? But he's my stepbrother," Noah said. "It can't be him. Lucas... well, he and Riley aren't exactly in a relationship and Zay, I don't think he's your type. Which leaves... Farkle...." he realized. "You like Farkle?"

"Yup," she said.

"Oh," he said. He looked down. "It - it -"