Chapter 28 Chantel

I was always the type to talk down on teenage pregnancy... until it happened to me. To say I was embarrassed about going to school with a bulging belly wouldn't even do it justice. I could feel the stares and here the whispers anytime I entered a class. When ever I tried to express how I felt about it to Marcus, he would always say "Fuck them, they ain't shit!" But it wasn't about them, it was about me. I knew he wouldn't understand, since we were different genders and I would end the conversation at that.  I was now eight months pregnant and larger than I was when school first started. I had shamed my family and myself but I was determined to finish school, baby and all. The only problem was that I was always sleepy. Kaidyn would help me with my work, when I was too tired and most nights she would even stay up to complete assignments for me. Of course Ms.Jenna would give me the side eye whenever I visited because of my situation but for the most part, she was very supportive. I still hadn't talked to my parents and that really bothered me, seeing that my mom and I were close before this. Kaidyn and Dandria had their talks here and there but it was too a minimal. Dria seemed to be guarded and even though we weren't seeing eye to eye. I still cared. I wanted my friend back but I didn't I know how that would happen.

Dandria

    Everything took a turn for the worst. It seemed like my mom was even more of an alcoholic than before and she was even back with her boyfriend. But oh no... To add the insult fucking injury, a few months ago I found out that I was pregnant. Everything seemed normal until I realized that I missed my period for the third month. When the doctor told me I was four months pregnant, I could have whooped my own ass. But tracing my steps back,  a lump formed in my throat. This was Jahleel's baby. After leaving the doctors office, I cried the entire day.  I knew I couldn't have this baby, I refused to have this baby. The hardest part was tracking Jahleel's ass down, since I didn't have his number. Everytime I went by the nigga's house he wasn't there and it only stressed me more. I finally was able to catch up with him a week later and told him the news. You would have thought the he saw a ghost the way he looked at me. I knew he didn't want the baby but he still asked me if I planned on having it. He wasn't as typical as I thought he would be and his demeanor showed concern for me. When I declined, I saw relief rush over his face. He wanted to know if I had money for an abortion and when I told him no, he didn't have a problem shelling off a few hundred dollars. Jahleel even offered to take me but I refused; I wanted to do it by myself.

     A few days after scheduling my appointment, I had the abortion. Jahleel came by my house to check on me but I told him never to visit again. Not that I held any resentments towards him, it's just that I didn't want anyone to suspect anything. He promised to keep this between me and him and I agreed. This was a secret I had to take to the grave.

    Chantel

    I sat on the living room couch studying, before noticing that Macus headed for the door.

"I'll be back."

"I bet you will." I mumbled.

    He turned towards me like he wanted to say something but cut his eyes instead and walked out of the door. I knew he was going over Erica's to see Casey but I didn't want him around her. I hadn't even seen Casey in person, only in pictures. That bitch wouldn't even let Marcus keep his own child, she always had to be around. I knew that was one of her ways of trying to get closer to Marcus and it bothered me. I couldn't tell him not to go over there because then I would seem selfish. I knew his child was the most important thing to him, so I refused to even cross that line.

     "Don't forget to invite my Aunt Mona!" I spoke Kaidyn as she filled out baby shower invitations.