Chapter 8 Daniel

Daniel

    I stood on the porch motionless, I could see everything but I couldn't hear a word as I stared at her limp body. The reality of Kaidyn being shot did not set in my mind until I noticed Chantel's eyes piercing through me.

"They shot her! Somebody help they shot her!" Dria cried.

"Shit!" Marcus cringed pacing towards her as Chantel followed.

I ran down the porch steps and towards her breaking into the small crowd of people.

"Get the fuck back." I shot shoving through them.

"Kaidyn? Stay with me, you're gonna be okay." I spoke kneeling down closer to her.

She had blood leaking from her chest as I pulled her closer to me.

"Can you hear me?" I asked.

She nodded her head yes as tears rolled down the sides of her face.

      "Go get the truck!" I shot looking at Marcus.

He paced off into the dark knight.

"Marcus is going to take you to the hospital okay!" Chantel cried.

I saw bright headlights pull up.

"Come on!" Marcus yelled from the drivers side.

I snatched up Kaidyn's weary body and carried her to the car, hopping into the back seat. Chantel got into the passengers seat while Dandria sat in the back seat with Kaidyn and I.

I could hear police sirens nearing as we pulled off.

"I got you baby. I won't let anything happen to you." I whispered while kissing her forehead as I held her close. 

         Marcus was speeding the whole way to the hospital. It was silent other than me whispering to Kaidyn occasionally.

When we pulled up the to the hospital Marcus jumped out of the truck and snatched the back door open. I quickly got out of the vehicle while holding her close. Chantel paced towards the entrance, snatching the door open as we ran inside to get assistance. When the nurses saw me carrying Kaidyn,  they quickly seeked medical attention, snatching her away from me and placing her on a stretcher. While pushing her to the emergency room, they began cutting open her shirt, exposing her bloody chest.

"She's lost a lot of blood." The doctor spoke as they neared the double doors.

"I'm sorry but I can't allow you to go any farther." The nurse spoke pushing my chest back with her small hand.

I began to protest and break past her.

"Please don't make this difficult sir, please take a seat in the waiting room. She's in good hands " The nurse assured me as I watched the doctors push Kaidyn away.

         When she was out of my sight I walked back to the waiting room and sat on the couch, rubbing my hand over my face.

"Fuck!" I spat punching down on the coffee table in front of me.

Some on the nurses had flinched at my actions.

I couldn't believe what happened.

I thought about how fucking stupid I was for dogging her at the party. How I tried to crush get because of jealousy, not knowing that it might have been the last conversation I had with her. My clothes were covered in blood as I sat in the waiting room, in deep thought.