Loss

The whip master held, cackled as the leather cut through my sister's skin.

I was just watching, baffled by Master's cruelness. I could see my sister, Cora's body weakening with every whip from that wretched tool.

"Stop!" I yelled Master stopped and looked at me angrily.

"S-Sorry..." I stuttered as I resumed picking up scraps of the broken pottery. It fell so far from the shelf, the pieces were practically gravel.

I kept at work.It was my only purpose in life, "Useless, useless, useless!" My mind chanted repeatedly.

I picked up the gravel letting my mind wander. "Useless, useless, useless!" My mind kept chanting as my mind wandered elsewhere.

I envisioned me in a town, walking with my parents and neighbors. I saw a group of girls giggling and whispering while walking side by side, they all had church wear on for it was an early Sunday morning. I soon found myself walking with them. Giggling, whispering, walking side by side. The church gave off calming rings for it was time for church. My thoughts were interrupted by screaming, the blood-curdling cry of Cora. I shook my head and turned, she collapsed to the hardened earth and lay hopelessly.

I shuddered in fear for my sister was gone. My brain soon processed the moment I soon collapsed on the ground. The overwhelming wave of sadness washed over me.

I soon felt tears in my eyes soon, the tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Get up!" Master hollered angrily. I got up from the ground obediently. He started giving his usual commands, "Fill the pot!, Get some wood!, Start a fire!, And dispose of this body, At once!" He yelled impatiently.

I soon started my work I picked up my beloved sister's body she was wearing her matching necklace that when put together, formed the shape of a heart. Useless, useless, useless... My mind chattered. I soon found the graveyard of the other unfortunate souls that could not escape the cruel wrath of the master. I found a pre-dug hole and stared into the blue half-open eyes of my sister.