Cheryl scoffed. "Butt out, closet monster. You forfeited your right to take the high and mighty road. As pour moi, Betty, but of course. I never say no to a pedi. And, I was just about to ask you the same thing. Can I steal her for a moment?" With that, Betty and Cheryl were out of the gym. That also meant the end of practice.

Diana looked at Veronica for a moment, taking her hand, and leading her into the locker room. Opening her bag, she held out a card that said 'TWO FREE MILKSHAKES AT POP'S - VOLUNTEERS ONLY'. She had gotten it after volunteering to help. "It's not a mani or pedi... but... It's something right?" She asked her. Veronica took in a breath. "I'd love to go." Veronica said softly.

Veronica was sat beside Diana, smiling gently at her mother

Veronica was sat beside Diana, smiling gently at her mother. Hermione Lodge, Diana learned. She was just as beautiful as Veronica. "You're doing great, Mom. Much better than I've been doing this week." Veronica said with a small sigh, looking at the ground. Diana frowned, gently patting her back. Veronica gave her a small grin and Hermione smiled softly at the exchange.

"We're surviving by our wits, Ronnie, it's what us Lodge women do." Hermione spoke, cleaning off a counter before looking at her daughter. "If your dad could see us now." She said with a sad smile upon her lips.

Diana looked at Veronica to see her smile slowly. "He'd say that you look stunning in that uniform." Veronica assured her with a gigantic grin upon her lips. Diana smiled, noticing the love she exchanged for her mother. Penelope favored Diana and Jason, which always confused Diana whenever Cheryl wouldn't get the same love, but always wished it for her.

"Diana, do you think you can walk Veronica home?" Hermione asked sweetly. Veronica let her eyes meet Diana's. A smile fell upon her full, pink lips. "Of course, Mrs. Lodge." She nodded. Standing up, the girl offered a hand, helping Veronica down. Veronica smiled softly, knowing that this was her mother's way of setting them up. But, she wasn't mad. Instead, she offered her a grateful look in her eyes.

"You know something, I think you and Betty will fix this

"You know something, I think you and Betty will fix this." Diana said as they walked. "It just seems like there is something about you two. Like, you were both destined to be friends." The strawberry blonde looked at her, her emerald eyes examining her with a soft smile.