2

tyler's point of view

jwdrums: so, what now...?

tylerrj: i dunno?

jwdrums: do you want to maybe just like... get to know each other? then maybe if things go well we could meet for lunch sometime?

tylerrj: okay.

i smile at my phone with a big stupid grin. this gives me... hope. maybe i won't die sad and alone after all. even if this isn't for the long-run, i had no idea that anyone in ohio even knew what littlespace was, much less that anyone that would actually be into that kind of relationship dynamic. i was willing to settle for long distance after my ex moved away (even she didn't know at first and that was an incredibly awkward conversation). but this is even better.

i end up talking to jwdrums for awhile. i learn quickly that his real name is josh. we exchange selfies for contact photos in each other's phones (and to decrease the chance by a bit that either of us are 67 years old) and it only makes me more excited to meet with him.

we agree after getting to know each other a tiny bit to meet up at a diner this coming weekend thats only a few minutes away from campus.

we say goodnight close to midnight and i do my best to fall asleep since i do have class tomorrow. not that ill be able to focus after tonight. but its worth a shot.

(an: hi from 6/22/22 again. why was this chapter literally like 100 words ?? im so confused by this book guys im so sorry i am doing my best to edit as i go just hang on pls)