The Lab

Mew's POV

"The gamma readings are consistent to the ones of the Tesseract" I tell Papa as I look at the readings as he scans the staff. "But it'll take weeks to process" I state.

"If we by pass their mainframe and direct route to the homing cluster. We can clock this at around 600 teraflops" Tony states.

"All we packed are toothbrush each" dad tells him chuckling.

"You know, you should come by Stark tower sometime" Tony tells us as I sit on a chair in front of the tesseract. "Top ten floors, all R & D. You'd love it, it's candy land" he states.

"Thanks but the last time papa was in New York, he kind of broke Harlem" I tell him smiling as dad sends me a playful glare.

"Well I promise a stress free environment" Tony assures us. "No tension, no surprises" he says before zapping dad.

"Ow" dad exclaims as I glare at Tony.

"Hey, are you nuts?" Steve demands as he enters the lab.

"Jury's out, you've really got a lid on it don't you?" Tony asks dad. "What's your secret? Mellow Jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" he asks.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asks him.

"Funny things are" Tony states.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship, including the little girl in the room. Isn't funny" Steve tells him. "No offense Doc" he tells dad.

"It's alright, I wouldn't of come aboard. If I couldn't handle pointy things" dad assures him.

"You're tip toeing big man, you need to strut" Tony tells dad.

"And you need to focus on the problem Tony/Mr Stark" Steve and I tell him.

"Do you think I'm not?" he asks us. "Why did Fury call us in? Why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us?" he asks. While eating a pack of blue berries. "I can't do the equation, unless I have all the variables" he states.

"You think Fury's hiding something" I state.

"He's a spy Mew, he's 'the' spy. his secrets have secrets" Tony tells me. "It's bugging him too, isn't it?" he asks dad.

"Uh, I just want to finish my work here and" papa starts to say when Steve cuts him off.

"Doc?" he says.

"A warm light for all mankind" I state and dad nods his head.

"Loki's jab at Fury about the cube" dad clarifies.

"I heard it" Steve says nodding his head.

"Well I think that was meant for you" he states pointing to Tony. Who holds the blue berry pack out to him and dad takes some. "Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower, it was still all over the news" he adds.

"The Stark tower? That big, ugly" he trails off as Tony glares at him. "Building in New York?" Steve finishes.

"It's powered by an arc reactor, a self sustaining energy source" I state.

"That building will run for what, a year?" dad asks Tony.

"It's just the prototype" Tony tells us. "I'm kind of the only name in clean energy at the moment" he states.

"So why wouldn't SHIELD ask for his help on the tesseract project?" I ask aloud.

"What are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" dad asks.

"I should probably look into that when my decryption program finishes breaking into all of SHIELDs files" Tony states.

"I'm sorry, did you ju.." Steve starts to asks.

"Jarvis as been running it since I hit the bridge" Tony says cutting him off. I tune out of the conversation until Steve asks Tony about style. "Out of the people in this room, which one is A wearing a spangly outfit, and B not of use?" Tony asks.

"Steve tell me none of this smells a little off to you" I tell him. He tells us to just find the cube and leaves. "He's not wrong about Loki" I tell the others.

"He has the jump on us" dad agrees. I tune out again until they start to talk about suiting up. I know dad would never let me anywhere near the battle. Even if he does join it.

"You know, I've got a cluster of shrapnel, trying every second to crawl its way into my heart" Tony states. Then points to the mini-arc reactor in his chest. "This stops it. This little circle of light. It's part of me now, not just armor. It's a... terrible privilege" he explains.

"But you can control it" Dad and I tell him.

"Because I learned how" he states.

"It's different" dad tells him. Dad tries to read the computer screen, but Stark slides the data aside with his finger so the two can see face-to-face. While I still sit on my chair in front of the scepter on the other side of the room.

"Hey, I've read all about your accident. That much gamma exposure should have killed you" Tony states.

"He is right" I add.

"So you're saying that the Hulk... the other guy... saved my life? That's nice. It's a nice sentiment. Save it for what?" dad asks.

"I guess we'll find out" Tony states. Dad and Tony get back to work at their respective computer. While I return to looking at the readings of the scepter bored. When were Loki's friends coming? So that I could give him the scepter and we could play together? 

A/N

Picture above of Captain America, Bruce Banner and Tony Stark.