Chapter One

Eliza's Point of View:

I sighed and strolled down the stairs, twisting my long brown hair into a braid as I worried about my clothes. First day of Junior year..I'm nervous as hell. Especially because I'm new around here. People don't like the new kid.

I turned the corner into my kitchen where my mother stood glaring at the toaster. "It won't turn on!" She whined, her hair sticking up. She looked like a crazy cat lady....

I laughed quietly and crept up behind her, plugging the toaster in. She set her jaw in place and muttered a small "Oh."

I wore a red beanie and skinny jeans, a sweater that half hung off of my left shoulder and draped down, and my brown worn combat boots that I loved to pieces. I slung the small pack over my shoulder and rolled a few dollars into my back pocket.

My mother stopped me quickly before I got to the door. Her wild blue eyes looked up at me and she smiled, hugging me. I hugged back. "Bye, Elizabeth. Have a good day at school sweetie!"

With a smile on my face, I slipped into my cream jeep that sat in the driveway. My hands slipped around the wheel as I began to drive for the highschool, jamming out to Fall Out Boy on my way there.

At School...

I sighed and walked inside of the humongous school, glancing around quickly for the main office. Finding it, I ran into the room and spoke up to the assistant.

"Elizabeth Kirk. I need my scedule.." I murmured. The Elderly woman looked up and smiled, sorting through a small pack of folders. "Here you go sweetie! Welcome to Amberway High!"

I nodded and walked out into the hall, keeping my head low and muttering a few curses at the assholes who pushed me.

Soon, I was at my locker. I sighed and fumbled with the lock, pushing my stuff into the locker. "Damnit, get in there..." I hissed, pushing it in harder. I then slammed my locker closed quickly, muttering to myself as I turned to walk to my first class.

I felt a sharp pain in my forehead, and gasped in pain. "What the f-" I looked up and blinked sloely, holding my bleeding forehead.

A tall boy stood before me, his dark brown hair layering over his eyes and barely letting his icy blue eyes peek through. He smiled shyly. "S-sorry. I-I didn't mean it!" He stuttered. I rubbed my forehead and pulled my bangs over it to cover the mark.

"We're cool. Name?" I asked quietly, crossing my arms and trying to hold back a giggle.

"I-im..James."

"Elizabeth. I'm new here."

"I moved here from A - Alabama a few years ago. I can show you a-around."

I nodded and smiled, letting my hair fall into my eyes. "Well. I have to get to class. I have Mrs. Rangaughs Art class."

He beamed down at me. "Me too. I know where I - it is, since I've been around the school alot l-longer." I nodded and followed him as he pushed through the crowds, clearing a way for us.