Soft paws, soft heart

Start from the beginning

"Oi, what's with you..? Answer me."

It was noticeable how he held back his temper around you, the growl in his voice wavered until it went away. Ichimatsu can be deadly whenever he was pissed off or annoyed and usually responded with physical or verbal violence but he knew he had to control his bad habits around you, a tinge of fear of scaring you away tickled in his tummy. You had been way too good to him and kept by his side for the longest, so of course, you were very valuable to him, too much for him to easily lose such a beautiful treasure. Yet you still refused to reply and the poor NEET was growing more impatient at your stubbornness, gritting his sharp teeth in means to keep his cool. He would never forgive himself if he lashed out at you and proceeded to break your adoring heart. Instead, he exasperatedly sighed and moved his grip to your shoulders, leaning his head low to peek at your face to which you quickly snapped your attention elsewhere.

"Oi oi, don't misbehave now."

His voice was back to its borish tone though softer to not give false pretensions of him being upset towards you. In fact, he was concerned for your well being since, as stated before, you were deeply precious to him so you were the top of his list in his mind. He kept questioning you while he massages your shoulders to ease you in to answer him. It effectively help you calm down immensely but the downside was that you became a bit too engrossed in the luxurious caress to pay attention to what he wanted from you in the beginning. The moment he halted his affectionate shoulder rubs, you whined out softly that ultimately caused him to slightly flinch and blush at your reaction. He shakily inhaled a gasp at how cute your noise sounded to his ears, even more so with his mind instinctively attacking him with...delicious images that he fervorously shook away.

'Now's not the time for that..!'

" (Y-Y/n)...please."

Your head still hung with your eyes screwed shut, still blushing and internally squawking of admitting how dearly you loved this sucker. How did you fall for him was a major thing that everyone else will surely judge you on but you didn't care so much. All you could focus on was childishly averting your crush who still treated you so gently. Though you blushed more as he seemed to shuffle around quickly to only whisper out to you a bit too close for you to handle. Suddenly, you felt large, cold hands lift your face upwards, caressing your cheeks as you figured that Ichimatsu laid his forehead against yours. Your face along with your neck were obviously on fire at this very moment, your shaking hands weakly curling around his wrists as you stuttered out to him.

"Open your eyes...please..?"

You swallowed a lump in your dry throat, hearing the rush of blood and feeling your chest tighten in pain as your heart kept palpitating quickly. Your face was fully bloomed in red, overly flustered from his actions. Still easily impatient, Ichimatsu fluttered his eyes closed, hesitant at first but bravely leaned in for a kiss. In doing so, he could taste the sweet flavor of the candy he had given you earlier, instinctively forcing his tongue into your lips. Shocked, you immediately pulled away from him, slapping both of your hands over your 'tainted' glossed lips as you stared wide eyed to him, tearing up as you breathed out unevenly. You couldn't help but cover your heated face, falling to your knees as you shook. Ichimatsu froze up at how you pushed him away, his heart constricted painfully at that reaction, however, seeing how embarrassed you became only triggered him to feel flustered as well. His face bloomed red, already sweating as he fisted a hand on his clothed chest.

"A-Ah..I-I..I'm...s-sorry..."

He breathed out a stutter of apology, licking his lips and looked away for a moment to somewhat recollect himself, peering over to see how you were handling. You finally spoke out to him saying that there was nothing wrong for him to apologize for, your mouth opening and closing, finding it difficult to confess how sweet that kiss felt and how much you already longed for another. He ruffled his messy hair as he sighed out, cautiously inching closer to help you stand onto your feet. The moment the two of you held hands and kept holding hands after the polite gesture ultimately got you two dumbfounded.

"I..I like--"

You softly cried out in embarrassment once again, not knowing how else to cope with such feelings you gently leaned your body to rest against his warmth, gripping his hands tightly as your girlish cries were muffled by his clothed chest. The poor NEET took another shaky gasp as he could feel your curves against him and your muffled voice wasn't helping either. Ichimatsu squeezed your petite hands in response, he was pretty sure you could hear his quick heart hammering away, sweating in anxiousness. The two of you awkwardly stayed close together like so for a while with you trying your best to calm down while Ichimatsu did his best to restrain his lewd urges. Despite what others would assume of the dark NEET, despite how truthfully aggressive he could become and at most times not caring about much anymore, despite of it all Ichimatsu reaffirmed the hidden good traits of himself. He leaned his head to peck at your hair, nuzzling his cheek against your soft hair as he rested his chin on top of your head. Your shaken form lessened enough for you to bravely peer upwards to his flushed cheeks and gaze at those lidded eyes that glinted with warm adoration solely to you.

"..I like you.."

And though you kind of were the first one to almost confess your feelings, Ichimatsu's mellow whisper cut the atmosphere and fully accomplished in speaking out. Being like himself, he had to look away again, his ears lightly hued in pink hearing him scoff at himself and at that moment you really began to cry. Large, salted tears bubbled over and trickled off of your chin as you quietly sniffled making the poor neko boy that still embraced you to wail out a snort of heavy concern.

Of course you cracked a smile to him as you kept crying, hugging him tightly as you took the turn of spilling everything that you felt at this very moment. Incoherently speaking and rambling nonstop with a heated face stained with tears that glistened downwards and lightly dampening his clothes. And though no one have seen this side of him, he simply fluttered his eyes closed and smiled the widest grin of true happiness. A smile so pure and full of...hope. And your heart battered wildly from such sincerity.

"I like you, I really..do."

And he leaned for another stolen kiss, cutting it short as he chuckled and you too followed after with laughter, leaning away to wipe your overly wet face sniffling then and now as you giggled eagerly. Ichimatsu helped you out by smothering your face with his long sleeves and purposely suffocating you while you muffled in shock and wildly trying to break free. Of course he was (surprisingly) strong to hold you in place and kept asphyxiating you with a very smug grin.

Even if the relationship between the two of you had changed, neither of you did. Of course it will be quite the while for the two of you to get accustomed to the new perspective but in the meantime you'll both be as good weirdos with one drooling over doujinshis while the other enjoyed strangling you out of playfulness.

...

M-my my...you'll be some odd type of couple, huh~?

_______________

_______________

A/N: Wow this was crappy as all of my works but oh well. I wasn't meant to be a writer to begin with haha. Although my motivation to write has really dropped to the negatives and I'm just not cut out for this stuff. I will publish some more but that's gonna be far in the future....if I manage to live that long.

Anyways, enjoyed it or not, doesn't matter since there's better sh*t to read anyways. Wish you all good day/night bleghhh...