Visitors: Year 5/Summer

Start from the beginning

Ron and Hermione all grinned brightly as everyone clapped and drank, and then moved toward the table for food.

"I was never a prefect myself. My Head of House said I lacked certain qualities," Tonks remarked brightly.

"Like what?" Ginny asked, adding a baked potato to her plate.

"Like the ability to behave myself," Tonks grinned.

They laughed, and Ginny turned. "What about you, Sirius?"

"No one would have made me a prefect, I spent too much time in detention with James," Sirius barked out a laugh. "Lupid was the good boy, he got the badge."

"I think Dumbledore might have hoped that I would be able to exercise some control over my best friends. I need scarcely say that I failed dismally," Lupin smiled faintly.

"Did a good job regardless," Noel replied, tipping his glass toward him. "Stopped Haven from doing some stupid things plenty of times."

Sirius grinned wickedly, "Oh, Haven River. She could put James and me to shame if she tried."

"Really?" Amisty asked, shocked.

Haven had seemed the exact opposite of a troublemaker in the memory she had re-lived.

"Oh, yes," Noel chuckled. "Got Howlers weekly from our parents, pretty much, never stopped her from pulling every prank she could."

"It didn't help that she was a brilliant witch," Lupin added, shaking his head. "I caught her trying to transfigure tacks into live slugs to put them in Bellatrix Black's shoes."

"And you stopped her!?" Sirius almost shouted.

Lupin raised an eyebrow, regarding his friend, "It was Bellatrix, when she was in seventh year, Sirius."

"Still!"

Amisty laughed.

"Any news that I haven't been told about?" Noel asked Amisty, brown eyes twinkling.

"Well..." She smiled. "I learned how to control my shifting?"

He stared at her.

"What was it that you said earlier? Why didn't you write?"

"Lupin said I shouldn't just in case the letter got intercepted," Amisty answered instantly.

"I did nothing of the sort!" Lupin objected.

She blinked, then smiled innocently, "I didn't write because I knew the letter could be intercepted and that it could be dangerous for me?"

"And that wind of caution went completely out the window when a certain blond came into the picture?" Sirius asked sweetly.

Amisty went scarlet.

"Well -- it's not -- that's dif -- I just -- "

"Let's see it, then!" Noel cut her off, leaning back in his chair and watching her expectantly.

"You can't be serious," She protested, staring at him.

"He's not," Sirius piped up, smirking. "I am."

"Molly!" Noel waved Mrs. Weasley over toward them. "Amisty's just told me that she's learned how to shift, and if she were to show me would you like us to do it in a different room or is here fine?"

"I don't shed!" Amisty exclaimed indignantly.

"I beg to differ!" Hermione called from her seat.

Mrs. Weasley seemed to be fighting down a smile, "Here is fine, but if she'd like to do it less publically there's an empty room down the hall."

"Well?"