first dance

"Well, it started with your hips so I moved up to your lips to take a chance, ask for a dance 'cause you're the cutest thing on this side of the world."

-nevershoutnever

I noticed her from isle three; with a box of fruity pebbles in my suspended hand and a plastic red CVS basket hanging from the crook of my arm.

Her arms were twirling over her head, her lace flats slapping against the blue carpet. She had lilac hair and a forest green sun dress and she was dancing in the back of a CVS at seven in the afternoon.

It was June. A June evening of warm rain and bright stars and pharmacy dances with practically nonexistent guest lists.

As creepy as I was, I didn't dare look away.

Is this girl high?

Our eyes met on one of her twirls from a few yards away. Nope. Not glazed. Just a breath taking shade of pale blue. I hurriedly looked away but she'd already seen my unappealing stare.

Within the next five seconds, I had managed to pick apart every piece of my appearance. It was a skill I had mastered, self- judgment. (Then again, who isn't talented in that genre?)

I was wearing an old pair of jeans that I'd chopped into shorts just that morning. Damn, they were uneven. My unbrushed hair was falling out of its pony tale and if I had any figure at all, this large t-shirt would be hiding it. God damn it.

"Would you like to dance?" She question, her voice a melody of gravel.

My eyes flicked to hers, "Um... what?"

She smiled, "Would you dance with me?"

My heart sped up at the sight of those slight dimples. I glanced around. There were customers. Only a few, but still, we were in the middle of a store. "I'm not much for dancing," I mumbled.

Her breath was heavy from those kicks and spins, "Just for a minute?"

I stared at her, gears in my head turning. Every particle questioning what the point was and yet I still set my basket down, placing the Fruity Pebbles inside.

What am I doing?

She stepped forward and stuck out a hand, fingers curled slightly at the tips.

I hesitated but let my hand slip into hers. And then we were dancing to the music playing in the store that I could hardly hear.

This girl was possibly the most intriguing human being on this side of the world. And lets face it, she might just be the cutest too.

I could dance like this forever. Mismatched fools like this forever.

.........................................................................

short and awful ayy

comment please :)

much love.