Anytime At All

"Lizzie!"

John was calling my name over the loud music. I tracked his British voice and met up with the rest of the band plus three blonde ladies. I'm not sure if they were talking or 'talking-talking'!

"Lizzie, this is Stella Stevens, Jill Haworth, and Tuesday Weld," John presented as he pointed to each girl.

"Hi..." I greeted with a bit of uneasiness. Next to them, I looked like a savage waiting to maul anyone or anything that crossed my path.

"Hello. Oh, you're very cute," Stella complimented. She looked me up and down.

"Yeah, she's just like us, John: short," Jill informed.

"We'll leave ye birds to talk. There's some famous Beatle people that want to meet us," John suggested. George and Ringo ensued after their pal after waving goodbye to us.

"So, where are you from?" Jill questioned. She tightened the elastic that held up her ponytail.

"Texas."

"Oh, never been. How's it like?"

"Probably just like Mississippi," Stella broke in, smiling as she did. "I felt weird being the only Southern girl here!"

"Where are y'all from exactly?"

"New York," Tuesday peeped up.

"England, of course. That's why the boys felt so sure of walking up to us the way that they did," Jill discussed.

We all stood conversing over girly stuff until Paul came back with my coffee.

"Sorry, love. I took a little sip to calm me nerves. It tastes fab," he assured as he set the cup in my hands.

"Hi, Paul," Jill spoke, thrilled.

"Oh, 'ello Jill! Love yer movies!"

"Aren't you doing a movie with the others?" Tuesday stated with a slight whisper.

"Yes. Eppy told us it will be very soon."

"Probably after y'all's visit to the states," I predicted.

"I better go catch up with me mates. I'll be back." And with that, he was gone.

"You didn't tell us that you were dating Paul McCartney," Stella burst with excitement.

"I'm not even sure if we really are," I shifted back.

"Oh, I get what you're saying," Tuesday piped up. She seemed to have a bit of hurt in her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Jill wondered quietly as to not catch anymore attention from the people around us.

"Uh, I'd rather not talk about it..."

Tuesday began to shake a bit in embarrassment. Jill shrugged her shoulders and took a hold of Stella's hand.

"Let's go, Stells. Lizzie, I want you to talk with Tuesday, since she felt it was time to speak up more when you arrived. I really do hope you the best, Tuesday!"

Stella gave Tuesday and I a sweet peck on the head and Jill gave a quick wave. They twisted and turned around the floor as others tried to stop them to talk.

"Can we sit down?"

I nodded to Tuesday's question and we found two egg-shaped chairs by the blackened windows.

"I felt very uncomfortable around them. I mean, they are very nice, but I feel as if they didn't really like me," she began.

"Oh, don't say that! I'm pretty sure they think you're sweet."

"Well... I feel as if I can talk to you without my business being posted in the paper the next morning."

She's basically saying that she trusts me because I give off an energy that says that I am a modest and polite person.

"The reason why I understand your's and Paul's relationship is because I've been through one that is kind of the same."

"Oh..." I tried, not knowing really what to say. I let her have the floor to speak.

"You do know Elvis Presley, do you?"

"Of course! Who doesn't?"

"Well, have you seen Wild in the Country?"

I know all of Elvis' movies because, get this, I'm a big Elvis freak! No wonder she looked familiar. She played Noreen, a girl that had an affair with Elvis' character Glenn.

"Yes, I have!"

"This is hard to say, but the type of interaction that happened on-screen... also happened in real life."

She exploded in tears and held her head in her hands, the droplets running down her thin arms.

"Oh, don't cry," I soothed, holding her in a sisterly hug.

"I'm just a stupid person. That's probably why Stella was sort of glaring at me the way that she was. I'm pretty sure that you've also seen Girls! Girls! Girls!, because Stella starred in that movie and I'm thinking word got around about our... thing!"

She straightened up, showing her smeared mascara and eyeliner. She let out a big sigh and leaned into my embrace.

"You're a very sweet girl, Lizzie. I'm not wanting you to think that I'm saying that you and Paul are having an affair, but he's just protecting you from prying eyes. Don't let it get out of control like I did."

Right after she finished explaining her weird actions, the boys came up to us. Paul looked extremely worried with his eyebrows furrowed. Ringo and John gave an understanding nod. George just stood there, flabbergasted, with confusion plastered on his face.

"I guess I better go..." Tuesday whispered as she got up.

"You will be okay, will you?" I asked politely.

"After talking to you, yes!"

Tuesday calmly slinked herself away from us and out into the cold morning air. The party was starting to dwindle down and the attendees were expressing their tiredness through waiting in the long lines for a jolt of caffeine. I crumpled up my paper cup and made a basketball shot at the trash can.

"Wow! That was gear," Ringo exclaimed with amazement.

"Oh, that? Pshaw! It's nothing," I slightly argued.

We slipped through the front door and spotted the limousine at the corner of the street. Paul walked beside me as the others stayed behind, drinking up the last drops of the bitter coffee out of their cups.