Savoy Truffle (Or Jellybean?)

The space was soon covered in darkness and pulsating lights sheened over the crowd. All of a sudden, the four men ran up on the stage and all waved to us. Paul found me in the masses and gave me a quick wink. I returned the favor and blew him a sweet kiss. His eyes shown brighter and he gave a secret grin. All of the girls around me grew restless and began their rambunctious wailing. I sat unmoved and clapped to the music. They performed a total of twelve songs, starting with "Roll Over Beethoven" and ending with "Long Tall Sally". At the beginning, George's microphone was defective and I could see the aggravation in his composure. He was eventually given another one, only to find out that this one was just as bad as the first. After "I Saw Her Standing There", in which Paul stared at me through the whole bit, Ringo and his drum set turned a complete one-eighty to show himself to the other side. He was turned two more times during their concert. I couldn't help but notice that the girls around me had a few bags of jellybeans. They looked so delicious with their colors of yellow, red, and green. Then, my eyes witnessed the little women digging their hands into the sacks and chunking the hard candy at their idols. As the treats pelted my friends, they screamed even louder with giddiness and excitement.

"What the hell are y'all doing?" I screeched at the dumb gals. They didn't even hear me over their own voices.

I glimpsed back up at the stage to see a couple of jellybeans bouncing off of George's guitar. He revealed a confused countenance and continued throughout the song. Now there were undetermined amounts of color flying all around the arena. Some smacked John in his face, but he kept his smile on. In the crowd, only I knew that he wanted to jump down and beat the girls over their heads with his instrument. The pestering candies beat upon Paul's head and bass, while Ringo attempted to smack them with his drumsticks as if he were a major league athlete. I shook my head and sat back down, keeping my arms wrapped around my body to declare my innocence. Soon, a policeman showed himself in front of me, but he didn't attempt to warn the ladies of any impending doom. He seemed as if he didn't want to be here in the first place. A tall, jumpy girl next to him yelped for George's attention, prompting him to shove a bullet in each of his ears. I sighed in irritation over the whole ordeal and pleaded through my eyes to Paul to end the concert soon. He briefly revealed his depression to me through a small frown, but soon put on the front of happiness and harmony to the fans.

Finally, after the last song, they waved one last time and ran off stage. The girls were still screaming their stupid little heads off and I left them in disgust. I ran over to where they exited, only to be pushed into others that wanted to do the same thing. Suddenly, I was picked up off of the ground and lifted over the mass hysteria. I kicked and shouted at whoever that held me to let me down.

"Lizzie, it's just me," Mal laughed deeply. I gave him a much deserved hug as he carried me backstage to the guys.

"What was all that about?" I questioned Mal, not really expecting a clear answer.

"Just stupid teenage girls throwing candy," he explained.

"Yeah, I know that!"

He quickly, but carefully, placed me down on the concrete in front of the four. John looked completely pissed, pacing back and forth between Paul and George. Ringo, of all the nerve, was chowing down on a pouch of the evil jellybeans a fan had given him. I pointed at the drummer and laughed uncontrollably. Paul ran up to me and picked me up to twirl me around.

"Lizzie, you're okay," he assured himself. He kissed my cheek and trailed it down my neck.

"Yeah, of course I'm okay. I want to know if y'all are, most importantly!"

"Better than earlier," Ringo managed to input as he shoved more candy into his mouth.

"Those things hurt like hell," George complained as he motioned to Ringo's stash. I noticed, as he was talking, that he obtained a few red spots on his hands.

"I really wanted to see the Chiffons and Tommy Roe," Ringo cried before he popped a couple of blue jellybeans.

"Brian is definitely going to know about this thick place," John pressed as he rubbed his aching face. I went up to him and touched the little bruises softly. He grimaced despite my carefulness.

"I'm truly sorry y'all had to go through that," I apologized sincerely.

John gave a loud laugh, "We're more sorry that you had to see that!"

"Yeah, we were about to punch up some nits," George threatened with his hands balled into fists.

"Not now, boys," Murray interrupted, "We now have to go to the British Embassy. Lady Ormsby-Gore invited you."

"British?" I wondered.

"We're still in America," Murray reminded me.

"Come, men! Let's go!"

We, once again, we superceded the DJ, Paul holding my hand this time, with Mal protecting our backs. The same black car was waiting for us and we darted inside.

"Wanna play chemmy?" John asked around, getting George, Ringo and Mal's attention.

Ringo pulled out his treasure trove of jellybeans and they used them as poker chips. Paul insisted that he use this free time to focus sorely on me. I watched the guys throw cards around as Paul held me in his arms. He didn't stop kissing on me until we stopped at our new destination.