Chapter 8

Today would be our first mission together, which Lector was the one who picked. And of all places, it just had to be in Mt. Hakobe!

Aside from being quite near to Magnolia, I have a lot of memories there with Natsu and the team. I had no idea about the mission until we arrived at the place.

But then again, I would never be able to move on if I can't even face it.

"That's what you get for always wearing thin and revealing clothes." Sting teased as I wrapped my arms around myself, shivering at the cold.

Ofcourse, since I wasn't aware of what the mission was about, I didn't get ready for it.

"At-t-t-least-t-t... I d-d-don't-t t-t-throw up in t-the t-t-t-train." I retorted through gritted teeth, shuddering as I rubbed my arms.

It appears even the two suffers from motion sickness, which is a trait every dragon slayer might possibly posses.

Our job was to find a special flower that can only be found in the Vulcan's cave. It is said that the flower never dies, and glows in different colors at night. Our client wants to give it to his fixed marriage partner as a present.

Warmth suddenly enveloped my body as I felt something wrapped around my shoulders. I turned to my side where Rogue was, looking away as he placed his cape around me.

My face started to heat up again as I uttered a quick 'thank you', pulling the cloth closer to my skin.

'This is bad, this is bad!' I scolded myself mentally as I felt my heartbeat quicken.

I'm not dense to not realize this. As a bookworm and a trying-hard writer, ofcourse I am familiar with these symptoms! But I find it wrong. I shouldn't be feeling this way.

I shook the thought away and just tried to focus. Focus!

As we walked through the piles of snow, I can't help but see an image of myself with Natsu and the others walking. Gray would strip, then he and Natsu would start to argue, while Erza scolds them. Wendy and I are inside Horologium, not able to withstand the cold, then there's Happy offering Carla a fish.

I giggled as I imagined Natsu and Gray acting friendly towards each other just to please Erza, then once she turns her attenion from them, they'll be back to bickering. Carla would shun Happy, and Horologium suddenly disappears, leaving me and Wendy shivering.

It was such happy memories, but a tear escaped my eye as those images disappeared. Ofcourse, it was just my imagination.

"You alright?"

Sting brought me back to reality as he swung an arm around my shoulder, grinning. I nodded and forced a smile, intstinctly glancing at Rogue's direction to see him staring at us with an unreadable expression.

"Yeah, just a little memory." I answered, a smile forming in my lips. I then started to tell them stories, our adventures and how much trouble we've always caused. How our reward always goes to payment to the properties we've damaged.

I found out that Sting idolizes Natsu, while Rogue in Gajeel. That was something they never mentioned, and I guess it's sad for them too that those two are gone.

As soon as we reached the Vulcan's cave, I heard their constant chanting of random stuffs. Peeking, I saw about 6 of them.

"I smell humans!" One of them yelled, and I quickly pulled myself back to hide, turning to the two.

Like I planned, Lector flew inside to catch their attentions, also flying back outside once he does. The plan was to make the Vulcans leave by following Lector, but unfortunately, it didn't work as only one of them went out to follow to exceed.