Chapter 1- A Cruel Lifestyle

Character~ Wolf

Full name~ Wolf Shokaru

"The monster. The big, bad, Wolf."

-----------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER ONE

Wolf tracked down a Mighteyena, his eyes bright yellow. He foamed slightly at the mouth and his claws twitched.

He had grown 68 years-old recently, but still seemed young. He couldn't take it anymore. He didn't want to live anymore, but there was nothing he could do. He limped to a dirt road, hoping humans would come by. He took his wretched teenager form, and sighed. He curled up and buried his head in his knees, hoping someone would cross his path. Someone had to, it was a somewhat busy road.

He felt a tug on his shoulder, and he turned, hoping for human prey, but instead found several Houndoom, glaring at him. "We're not a fan of humans," the hound snarled, not realizing Wolf could understand.

But of course he could understand, he was one of them, after all. "I don't see a human," he muttered. "All I see is a freak and some mutts," he spat. The Houndooms growled angrily, but they were mostly confused.

None of the beasts were much talkers, and the largest Houndoom pounced, tearing and ripping at his throat. Wolf yelped in excruciating pain, but his flesh wove together again. The Houndooms frowned, now even more confused. Wolf was helpless in his human form, being just a weak man, but he was still no more mortal. The other Houndooms pounced as well, ripping at his limbs.

He couldn't struggle against the powerful hounds. Though the attacks didn't affect him, the pain crushed him. The flesh weaving itself together again hurt him even more. He howled with pain, but the hounds didn't stop. The found this a free supply of food that never ran out. They cackled maniacally and continued to tear at his flesh viciously.

Hours passed, and the hounds were still at it, ripping and tearing the seams of his life, but the spun together again. He twisted and turned, trying to throw them off, but to no avail. His body burned. The bites not only burned, but their fiery paws, which pressed firmly against his body. It scorched his skin. Luckily, he was in his human-form, or this may have burned through his fur after several hours. After many hours, the Houndooms, who were priorly extremely thin, were now well-fed.

He lay in pain for many more hours, no one bothering to help. Huge scars striped his neck and shoulders, but they too slowly repaired. When he began to heal, a small Vulpix carefully approached him, not at all afraid! He was a Zoroark again, and his eyes gleamed their usually emerald green.

The Vulpix smiled and nuzzled his neck. It pained him, but it felt better to have company. He sighed and ruffled the Vulpix's hair endearingly. "And who are you?" He asked tentatively, a bright smile plastered on his face.

She poked her head up and giggled. "I-Ivy!" She squeaked and sat down next to him. His eyes watered, remembering his first friend, and the Ninetails he had met again a score ago.

"That's a wonderful name..." He murmured vacantly. "Do you have a mother, or perhaps a grand-mother?" He was extremely curious about Ivy, his only friend in the world.

The tiny vixen nodded, and squeaked, "My grandma! I was named after her..." She giggled. The Zoroark's eyes widened with surprise. He couldn't believe it, perhaps he would meet Ivy again.

『 TO BE CONTINUED 』