"Shank like the stab type shank ?"

"No. It's just means a shitty pass basically." I giggled.

"Oh . I was about to say." He said, scratching his head. The waitress came back and took our order with her eyes lingering on Klay. She came back with our breadbasket with some buttons unbuttoned and leaned lower than necessary.

Two can play that game.

Once Klay ordered, I ordered more than I usually eat. As she was writing, I slowly kept pushing out my flat stomach to make it look like I had a bump.

"Is that all m'am ?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry that I ordered so much , I have to keep the baby healthy for my husband and I. The little boy will be the fifth addition in our family." I cheesed, rubbing my non existent bump. Klay's jaw dropped and before he could tell her that I was lying, she spoke.

"O-oh that's great. Congratulations to you both." She stuttered , walking off. I finally took a deep breath before laughing my ass off.

"I can't believe you told her that you were pregnant for the fifth time."

"Listen. We are on a date and she was being disrespectful. It put her in her place right ? Right. So she deserved it."

He just shrugged but a smirk came on his face.

"So you're saying this is a date ?"

"You didn't finish telling me about your childhood."

"Um you obviously know my mom and my dad is Mychal Thompson. He was the number one draft in 1978 draft of NBA. That was around when I was two and we moved all the way to Portland where he played with the Trailblazers. Then when I was about fifteen, we moved to LA where I graduated from this Catholic school. I hated it."

"Why ?"

"I was mixed, they didn't like that my dad didn't have a 'real' job and I got into the school late when some kids had parents with big businesses and stuff got in and some were on the waiting list. And I got a scholarship to Washington state and got to be the 11th overall pick in 2011." He shrugged.

The girl came back with our food and placed them down awkwardly and left.

"So what about you ?" He said, cutting his steak. I took a bite of my chicken before speaking.

"Um I grew up in Baltimore which was terrible as fuck. My mom and my dad didn't finish college so they couldn't make enough. My mom wanted to be a writer but she always came up short. My dad said fuck it and joined the military. He passed and the relationship that me and mom had disappeared. "

"Sorry to hear that." He genuinely spoke. I just shrugged and continued.

"I needed something to do in high school so I joined my freshman year into the volleyball team. I was told I was a natural and I kept doing it. I led my team to nationals every year from high school to college where Coach found me and recruited me to the Olympics."

We finished eating and talked some more.

I found out he had an English bulldog named Rocco that he got his first year of playing in the NBA. He was definitely the middle child. He busted his forehead from another NBA player and it helped him dress as Harry Potter one year. Klay is very quirky and awkward but he plays it in his nice personality.