24

I sat in my room staring at the walls, dispute all principal Matthew's attempts he couldn't stop any college application. All he managed to do was get Mason and Romaine locked up, call our parents and rant.

But because of Romaine's uncle, he got let off the hook for attempted rape, once again showing me how shitty and one-sided the old dump of a town was.

Mason on the other hand was still locked up, his father wanted him to stay there for a week to teach him a lesson, which was cruel. Mrs. Reid had begged her husband and police to let him out but to no success.

I took slow bites out of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich then sipped on some Pepsi slowly, while contemplating how to get Mason out of jail. Despite me being grounded and mom checking in on me every now and then, I had to find a way to get him out.

The last time I saw dad, he was holding a plate and heading to his room, we had to eat in our own respective rooms because it was mostly the Kitchen and living that was burnt.

I sighed out, I sighed out knowing that Mr. Matthews had no control over our college education, especially since most of them already got accepted. But I am worried about what Mason's dad would do, his mother was the one to always defend him but now it's obvious Mr. Reid has had enough.

I paced from one wall to the next, feeling like I am in a forbidden love with Mason, a poorly written and scripted, Romeo and Juliet part 2.

A tap coming from my bedroom window, which made me jump, I turned around to see Mason. He wore a grimace and gestured for me to hurry up and open the window.

"You're out?" I pulled him into a hug, which caused the both of us to tumble to the floor.

"Thanks to mom and lots of beginning and pleading but at least, that sicko rapist is locked up and the court will take up what Charlotte and her family had been doing." Mason sat on the edge of my bed, with his shoulders slumped.

I noticed a bruise was on his cheek and the blood on his nose was all dried up, I sat beside him and held his hand. "My mom is set up a meeting with the school's board, especially seeing that it wasn't really our fault. You were only defining me and so was Peyton, so maybe things will work out.''

Mason sighed and lay back on the bed, "it doesn't matter, we have only a few weeks felt at that hell which is for us to make up our grades and for those idiots to do prom stuff."

"I want to go to prom!" I shouted out rather too quickly.

Mason rolled his eyes, "I'll pass."

I frowned but said nothing, eventually laying back as well.

"Charlotte is getting what she deserved." I finally let out.

"Thanks." Mason smiled.

I smiled back at him, anything for my best friend.''

He rolled on top of me then, "no, seriously. Thanks for being nosey, for being a great friend, for being persistent and not giving up on me.''

He kissed me each time he thanked me.

I smiled, feeling my face heat up, I bite his shoulder, "You didn't have to be a dick about it."

"I'm sorry."

"I still can't believe that you of all persons, fell for one of that bitch lies." I laughed.

Mason shook his head and start kissing me, I could tell that he didn't want to dwell on his mistake anymore and was glad he confessed how you felt about me, I was even more delighted that I felt the same way.

"There was a reason why my mom always liked you," he broke the kiss.

"Moms knows best."

The two of us eventually fell asleep, all cuddled up against each other.