Surprise

"As the war continues, many civilians in the United States are worried about a new rising power in the south. The so called "Federation" is being lead by a Gabriel Rorke. In other news......" I listen to the tv, trailing off.

I grunt at the tv and shut it off. My head pounds as I sigh.

"Mister Rorke? You ok?" Ramirez says, poking his head into my office. I nod and wave my hand.

"Listen kid. I got this. And DONT ever come in here unless the Taskforce is here or Elias. Got it?" I snap, slamming my door closed. The phone on my desk rings, bringing my attention to it.

"Rorke? This is Makarov. I have a proposal for you. I hear you're lonely." Makarov says, sneering.

"How'd you know? What's the proposal?" I say, smirking and sitting in my desk chair. I hear him laugh quietly.

"Well I have this....girl. She's pretty. 5'9, black hair, blue eyes. Whole nine yards. What do you say?" He asks, grin in his voice.

"Hm. Why not? I guess I could use some company. Will she run?" I ask, excited. Makarov coughs and excuses himself.

"Oh she won't. Her right leg is out of commission due to her trying to escape. She won't run. I promise you." Makarov insists, clearly excited himself.

"Fine. I'll take her. Where are you?" I ask, standing up. The line goes dead as my personal phone beeps.

"Near Brazil. Be there in about 6-9 hours." The text reads. I grin and let out a small yawn. My head keeps pounding. I grab some painkillers and take 2 of them.

"Attention. We are expecting a VIP. ETA 6-9 hours. Do NOT shoot." I say over the PA. I watch as guards rush to cover areas that are lacking in security.

-------------------------------------
Time skippy cause I like y'all
-------------------------------------
I fix my outfit and wait. My foot taps on the tile floor. I hear footsteps and I see people.

"Vladimir Makarov?" I ask, standing out into the middle of the hallway. Guns go up in my direction as I see the menacing man.

"What? Oh. You're Gabriel Rorke aren't you?" He asks, fixing his red tie. I nod and hear whimpering.

"Who's this?" I say, looking behind Makarov. A tall skinny girl "stands" behind him, covered in bruises, cuts and apparently hickeys.

"This is Bella. My most prized possession. She tried to get away so I did the only logical thing. Stabbed her so she wouldn't get away." Makarov explains, malicious intent in his eyes.

"Well. You said I can have her. She's mine now. You! Grab her." I say, pointing at a guard. He dashes up to her and drags her away, crying in pain.

"Pleasure doing business with you today." He sneers, turning and leaving my base. I sigh and think for awhile.

"Do I help her? Or do I leave her to die? Should I use her like he did? Or do I rebuild her?" I think, torn like a piece of paper.

I go to the containment cell and see her, laying in the corner, scared and crying. I gently knock on the cell door. Her head snaps up, tears on her cheeks.

"Shhh. It's ok. I'm helping you. Bella is it?" I ask, pulling up a chair. She nods and sits up. Her face contorts in pain.

"Can you speak?" I ask again. Her head shakes yes. I wait for her to say anything. All she does is let out a another cry.

"Bella. I'm a bad person. But not as bad as him. Let me help you." I explain, hoping she speaks.

"He is horrible." She whispers. My eyes go wide and I start to smile. Bella smiles back a little.