Once I arrived, more or less, undetected and unscathed apart from a few degrading names and the usual glares shot my way. Though my cheep luck was short lived as my usual up close and personal meeting with the concrete floors commenced. My glasses sliding from my head and dropping to the floor, my fingers patted the area under my head, picking my glasses up and putting them on once again.

The smirking face of James Hiller looking down at me, his friends snickering beside him. Sighing, I picked my self up to my knees, dusting the dirt off my forarms. "Sup queer"
James sneered, one of his friends, picking me up roughly, my lips are sealed as I look at him with a bored expression. I had almost no sleep the past few nights and couldn't care less for what James has up his sleeve, maybe if he punched me hard enough I'll go unconscious and actually be able to sleep.

Unfortunately the punch never came, they just pushed me around like a rag doll, my legs getting tangled a few times causing me to stumble which seems to be comedy gold for the uneducated swines that surround me.

I almost laugh at the mention of my school, honestly it was the most judgemental and stereotypical American school in all of North Dakota if not all of America. Your cliché groups of people, all marked on the invisible popularity chart or food chain of the school.

The 'bad boy' or boy with a criminal history who isn't afraid to show off why; would be first, purely from everyone else either being fearful of him or wanting to get into his pants, then you have Football Jocks and the respective cheerleading team, all at the very top of the popularity food chain. The basketball and swim team fighting for the 3rd place and any cheerleader that is good enough in bed to be in a relationship with them.

Me? I'm at the bottom of the food chain, the very dark, cold, lonely bottom, that no one goes or wants to gets them self stuck there with the amount of shit that drops from the people above. I've gotten use to it over the years, and it doesn't bother me as much as it probably should with all the bullying. I rather it be me with my pathetic life then some other kid that has dreams and aspersions that actually could come true.

"You alright Gabe?" A kind and familiar voice asked, a hand gripping my arm softly, large, wide brown eyes glancing up at me with concern.  Claire Holland, an under appreciated cheerleader for the basketball team, with her petite body and kind heart, she the personality exception to the rule of stereotypical cheerleaders.

"Fucking Assholes the lot of them" she muttered glaring at the backs of the jocks that were walking away. "I'm fine" I replied, the lie slipping through my teeth easily, my lips joined in on the lie by curving into a fake smile, just to sell the act of being okay. She didn't look convinced, her calculating eyes studying my face before shaking her head.

"You look terrible" she muttered, unconvinced of my Emmy award winning performance of being okay. I huff out a laugh readjusting the straps on my backpack. "Your compliments are the confidence boosters i live for" I muttered sarcastically, rolling my eyes. Scoffing she slapped my arm playfully, bidding good byes as she walked to her awaiting friends.

Stopping at my locker to get the items I require, I made my way to class. Ignoring the taunts and snickers from my cell mates in this hell. Arriving I did my magic disappearing act, hiding my head in my arms, for my own sanity and peace of mind, I told my self if I can't see them, they can't see me.

"Wake up dike" a voice came before my head was lifted harshly by my hair, I winced glancing up at the face, he smirked grabbing my glasses, I already knew the fate of the glasses as he dropped them to the floor and smashed them under his foot. The pack of hyenas crackled at their own antics before leaving me be and the hair on my head mostly intact.

My vision was blurred, the once sharp lines of words became fuzzy and unreadable, along with everything and everyone else. Granted the glasses were 'cheep' knock offs from local chemist that sells non prescription glasses between the sunglasses and sunscreen, but the $25 price tag adds up quickly as my glasses are snapped on a regular basis.

"Today you'll be getting an assignment, though slightly different then then the usual. Over the years of teaching in this school it has accrued to me that our school -and schools with in America- are vastly different to those around the world." Miss Justine said, pacing slowly across the classroom.

"My cousin lives in a city called Perth, which is in Western Australia. Her daughter goes to secondary school just like you lot but the dynamics and relationships between class mates and other school peers are very different." She explained walking to her desk and handing out sheets of paper.

"Popularity isn't a huge deal, yes bullying still goes on but unlike here, no one is put into a group or a social hierarchy, they all are on an equal playing ground. The high achievers are awarded and praised for their achievements, they are friends with the sporting groups. Unheard of I know." Miss Justine explained, i let out a chuckle, looking down at the assignment outline, not that I could read it.

"The assignment you have in front of you is to write, minimum of 2 pages, biography of someone who isn't in your social group. Learn who they are, you never know you might have more in common then you think. You are expected to visit your respective partners -which I have chosen- outside of school to complete this assignment" Miss Justine explained, earning a groan from the whole class at the idea of working with someone outside their social group.

Since any social interaction with me is considered social suicide, I already felt sorry for the poor soul that had to work with me. God help me if it's any of the Ku klux - I mean the football team as my partner.

"Jaxon, so nice for you to join us, please find your seat next to Gabriel, as he is your assignment partner"

Well paint me green and call me a pickle.

▫️▪️▫️

Chapter Dedication:
Name: KutuTani
Book: Friday Coffee

Author's comment:
I got impatient so I uploaded, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! 

Grace XOX