Chapter 2

Leo's POV

A 24 year old Leo Valdez shot fire out of his hand as he ran to Times Square. His clothes were chard and torn and he had multiple cuts on his arms and legs. Festus , his mechanical dragon, had been torn to shreds just two days earlier. He needed a quick escape. He shot down a billboard and grabbed onto the metal holds as  it fell, the board then proceeded to do multiple flips in the process throwing Leo of the board onto a building and crushing the ten demigods that were previously chasing him. He continued to run until he got to Central Park were he ducked behind a dumpster. He sat for about an hour before hearing foot steps to his left. He decided to look to the right , the direction he came from and glance quickly. Immediately after turning he heard the footsteps get louder and faster until they were right in front of him. He lifted his head slowly expecting to see a possessed demigod but instead saw the love of his life Hazel Levesque. She threw herself at him and they began to kiss. After about 5 minutes of kissing Leo stared lovingly into a her eyes earning a blush from Hazel. " So Fire boy how was life before the apocalypse." She asked. "G-Good" He stammered .  " What's wrong" she asked her golden eyes piercing into his brown ones. " Where should I start.... Alice my sister went on an expedition to Peru and hasn't been found yet. Jason is dead and Calypso burnt my house down because we broke up." He said bluntly. He could see Hazel's expression was a mix of anger , sadness and remorse. "Sorry" she muttered. " My life hasn't been very easy as well.. she started " Nico is gone, Annabeth is gone and Frank was an abusive boyfriend." She said. Tears began to well up in her eyes. "What did he do to you." Leo said holding her close. He tried to make his voice comforting and hide his anger. " He would go out drinking and come back around 2 am... I would wait for him and he would come back and walk to the glasses and would take about two and break them on my arms and would hit me." She said blinking back the tears. Leo slowly lifted her chin to look at him . " Hazel Alana Levesque I swear  that I will never let anyone hurt you the way Frank did." Leo said softly. " Leo Fredrick Valdez I love you" she said pulling him into another kiss.