Chapter 1

His warm lips close the distance between the two of us and start moving against mine. This is it. This is what I wanted for so long. And now it's happening. I smile into the kiss. Then I heard someone calling my name. Involuntarily I break the kiss and look around in confusion. I don't see anyone.

Suddenly my body has been shaking by strange power. I quickly open my eyes and immediately push my body to sitting position. "Dreaming about Sam again? Tss tss tss" familiar voice asks. I reach with my hand at the owner of the voice in attempt to hit the person, but I missed, which leads to me pouting. "I hate you Christopher" I say and he laughs. I laugh as well, because we both know it's not true. Chris is my best friend since I can remember. We never had any kind of argument or there wasn't any fight between the two of us. As little kids we were known as an inseparable duo. It was actually hard to separate us. No matter which part of the day it was.

"Seriously girl, just make a move already or forget about him and open your heart to other candidates" he chuckles. "How much did Jason pay you to say this?" I ask without any thinking. "Come on, Jason is a nice guy and he's into you" Chris says "he doesn't have to pay me anything. You know it's true. And I'm talking in general. Jason isn't the only guy out there. Neither is Sam." I roll my eyes at this monologue, because honestly, it's not the first time I'm hearing this. "Easy to say, harder to do" I throw my hands around. "Olivia, just think about it. You've been dreaming about Sam since we were in high school. Nothing changed since then. Maybe you should get out of your comfort zone and start to enjoy your life a little. You know, YOLO." I sigh. "Well, I must say, for like a millionth time, you're right. But it's so hard. He's just too perfect and I just have to compare everyone with him. No one's good enough for me." "Blah blah blah. That's it. Go change. We're going to hit as many bars as we can tonight. I'm going to text Nathan and Tori to meet us in town." He already pulls out his phone and typing the message. "Nope, no excuses this time" he literally smashes his finger against my lips when I'm about to say anything I can to get out of this. I move his hand further from my face while he's sending a message to our friends. I sigh and stand up to get ready for so called night out. I hate nights out. Why can't we just stay home, watch movies, laugh and eat pizza, popcorn and all other junk food?

Chris and I walk down the street where we're supposed to meet our friends. Finally, we get to them and Tori immediately throws herself at me. "Oh I didn't see you for ages" she says and I chuckle, because just this morning we were attending yoga class together. "Looking good O" Nathan says and when I look at him, he cocks his eyebrow. I roll my eyes. "Ready to go?" Chris asks and when we all nod, we walk into the first club together.

The club is crowded and there are a lot of different smells in the air. Disgusting smells. "I'll go get the drinks, you guys take a table" Nathan tells us loudly, so we can hear him over the loud music. We start to push ourselves through the crowd to direction of tables. When we reach the tables, there are only few ones left. We choose the one somewhere in the middle of the row next to the wall. Then I hear it. Familiar sound. A laugh. His laugh. I turn around, and there he is. It's Sam Adams himself.