Second Chance - Chapter Five

***Hi guys - just a quick one - I have written this chapter from both perspectives. let me know how it reads. too confusing??? alright catch ya! ****

CHAPTER FIVE

The smell of smoke and beer was prominent as Morgan and Sophie entered the club, despite the relatively new smoking legislation that meant smoking in bars was illegal. After paying the standard door price they made their way to the bar where Morgan beckoned the bartender and ordered two drinks before settling herself into the ragged bar stool. She looked around whilst sipping the long neck of her beer taking in the scenery. A mix between the local drinking pub and upmarket decor, The Uni Pub was a favourite student hang out and had been in business for a few years since the university had established itself as one of the more prominent schools. Being a university drinking hole, it was fairly open-minded and gay friendly. Homosexual couples were dancing close together, their arms wrapped around each other. Others were laughing and playing pool. Morgan noticed that most of them were having a good time, and her frustration grew at that thought. She had had her fair share of casual dates and the occasional one night stand but had never felt entirely comfortable in that role because she always yearned for something more. She wanted a spark, someone to share her thoughts with, and someone who she could stay with throughout the night and wake up next to the morning after. Sophie gave her a knowing look and grabbed her hand dragging her towards the dance floor where their mutual friend Sam was waiting. They began dancing together, and she made a conscious effort to let loose and enjoy her night out.

Riley made her way through the front lounge area to the bar, setting her eye on the corner stool where she could keep an eye out for Cassie and the rest of the rugby girls. She hadn't been out in seven months since her and Sarah used to meet up with friends to play pool and have a couple of drinks. The smell of beer and sex lingered in the air, reminding her of her chosen celibacy. She cringed briefly as the image of Sarah's act of betrayal hit home once again.

"Hi... How can I help you?" the bartender, a blonde with large breasts, winked as Riley sat down on the stool.

Riley smiled before asking, "Can I grab a beer on tap?"

The bartender poured Riley a pint and slid it her way, letting her eyes linger on her longer then necessary, sending a silent message of interest. Riley handed her a twenty and quickly looked towards the dance floor, cutting the eye contact and took a gulp of her beer. She had never really been out while single. Her and Sarah had been together since they were sixteen and even though she was now above the legal age to go out and drink, she struggled with confidence in front of large groups of people. Riley often doubted herself and after Sarah had cheated on her, she rarely felt women would be attracted to her. Looking back behind her, Riley saw the blonde leaning forward to hand over the change, allowing a perfect glance of ample cleavage which Riley unconsciously noticed. She nodded her thanks and looked back up at the now giggling bartender who had undoubtedly noticed Riley's blunder and now blushing cheeks. After pocketing her change she made her way to the other side of the pub near the pool tables where she had noticed a couple of rugby girls, who welcomed her with cheers and waves all round. Smiling in relief to now be with company, Riley took the opportunity to look around at the newly acquainted pub. On a Friday night the club was busy with people of all descriptions, many on the prowl for more then just a good dance, a few who she recognised as she shared a few classes with them. As she was taking in the décor, she spotted an attractive brunette dancing with a couple of friends in the middle of the dance floor. With her back to Riley, she had a chance to admire the strength of her legs in dark blue jeans, which cupped her rear to perfection. And what a rear end it was. The girl held herself with an air of confidence and grace while her hair grazed the tips of her tanned and defined shoulders. When she spun around, Riley realised it was none other then Morgan. She couldn't take her eyes off of the beautiful creature who drew Riley to her like a moth to a flame. Leaving her drink with Jess, a tall and confident New Zealander and the fullback of the team, Riley did something completely out of character and got up to make her way to the dance floor.