Reminiscing

Tayler's POV:

"Then he started talking about his feelings, and I felt bad. Algee is working on my nerves, he honestly think just because I leave three pairs of draws over there we should be together." I complained to my Best Friend Raven.

If anyone knew me, she knew me. We met our freshman year in college, and we clicked the first day of move in. She was very down to earth, but blunt as hell and she was loyal to a fault.

"Why you sound so damn mean, you sound like the nigga in the relationship." she said.

"Did you not just hear my rant bitch, there is no relationship." I replied stopping at a red light.
"The least my man can do is remember my accomplishments, it's like lately every time I tell him about what I have going on and then when the day comes he forgets. Like the Sister Circle is a televised show and this is huge for me, especially knowing where I came from. The least he could've done was remember." She sighed, waiting for the light to turn green.

"Now do you want a boyfriend or-BITCH IS YOU FRED FLINSTONIN' YOUR CAR, DRIVE MOTHERFUCKA'" Raven yelled.

"YOU BETTER YABA DABA DOO YOUR ASS OUT MY WAY" She continued.

"Damn Ray, you are on my car speaker, surround sound throat havin' ass" I chuckled at her antics.

"I'm sorry girl, but people act like they can't fucking drive. But what I was saying was do you want a boyfriend or some dick, cause the shit you asking for it sounds like a boyfriend request and if so baby girl you may need to upgrade your package from dick and conversation, to the boyfriend package. Now to complete this transaction you need to make the payment in the form of a commitment. Now with this package comes with support, long walks under the moon and all that other romantic shit. I mean how you want him to support you and you can't even commit yourself to him?" She reasoned.

"I understand what you're saying Ray, but damn me and him been friends for three years now I didn't know that what I'm asking for is a boyfriend request. Hell you support me and we not fucking." I explained, making a right down the street.

"All this shit I do for you the least you can do is finger a bitch every once in a while or throw that neck or something cause you want a girlfriend and best friend." She joked.

I sighed.

"Seriously Ray"

Thinking over what Raven said, it was racking my brain. Was I asking Algee for too much? All I'm asking is just remember my milestones like I remember and support his, that's all.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm just saying, but you are being mean. Let me be honest cause I wouldn't be your bitch if I wasn't. Algee does have a point, it has been long enough. You been waiting on Keith for the last seven years and don't say you haven't because I know you have. I don't know what type of relationship y'all had besides what you have told me, but you have to move on. You said it yourself, he told you it was ok. I understand you love him, believe me I do. But Algee is a good guy right?"

I shook my head like she could see me "Yeah." I replied with a sigh.

"And don't you think you deserve to be happy?" she asked.

"I don't know, its not that easy. I just feel bad you know, he's locked up and I'm living my life. But he can't live his." I replied.

I wanted to move on and it was Keith's idea that I do, but Keith. Man he captured my soul like I know no other can. I knew any man I encountered didn't stand a chance because I would keep comparing them to Keith. I often find myself doing that with Algee, Keith would remember this major interview for me. Hell he would even go with me, and give me pep talks. He would come to my book signings, he would stand in line with the others just so I can sign his book. Hell Keith would even make me a nice breakfast, and smear my lipstick all over my mouth by just kissing me.