She throws her arms around his neck crushing him to her trying to transfer her strength to him. Silent tears of his cascaded down on her skin making her flinch.

"If you broke down, who'll stand as pillar to di?" She whispered on his ear.

He cling to her more "I can't. Khushi... It happened with maa too.. And she left... me just like that. Wh--what if di too take wrong step? I--I can't Khushi" He choked on his words as more tears blurred his eyes running down freely.

"Shh.. shh... You can. You're The ASR, there's nothing you cannot do. Di have you. She'll overcome this struggle" She tightened her hold rubbing his back. She feared for this, thinking this only she hide the truth at the first place and now this is happening and she can't do anything other than seeing her love crying.

"It was happening.. each time.. If.. If ever happiness... Knock into our lives.. then some bad.. has bound to happen... Why is it always??? You.. you always say, your devimaaiyaa will never let their adherent devotee to be sad. What.. happened to that? Didn't di worshipped her more? Then why didn't she never had... her share of... happiness?... Why Khushi?... I am not believer of God, but di and you are. Why didn't she made your both life.. with full of happiness?... Why.. is she troubling you both more and more? Why..???" His hiccupped in between.

Khushi rubbed his back and forth as his body shuddered against her by his hiccupps and crying and all. Her own tears cascaded down freely.

She don't know how to console him when he keeps repeating the same thing again and again. His questions even made her to believe that her devimaaiyaa was indeed so partial towards them.

She tried to broke the hug but he didn't let her. He wiped his tears on her shoulders rubbing across her clothed collarbone. If it was another time she would've shied away.

"Arnavji. Do you want everyone to find about the problem, now? If you keep crying like this, one glance is enough for anyone to find about your turmoil. Do ASR accept this?" She asked forcefully breaking the hug.

He nodded as no and staring her with vulnerable eyes like a lost puppy. The ever proud, arrogant eyes are now misted with unshed tears which churned something under the pit of her stomach. Ignoring the uneasiness she wiped his tears and face with her dupatta.

"I will be always with you" She whispered as he pulled her to his arms once again. As if his heart was waiting for that six words, it calmed down finding solace in her arms and words. Never he felt so content in his life when he was going through a bad phase. Infact he never allowed anyone beside him at worst times. Maybe the time has come to let a person in. And it was only khushi.

"I feel better"

"That's like my arnavji" She broke the hug and pinched his nose.

"I am not a kid" He whined pushing her hands away.

"Aww... You're so cute" She pinched his cheeks this time.

 You're so cute" She pinched his cheeks this time

"Khushi" He darted his face shying away. He never knows he can blush too.

 He never knows he can blush too

He turned away to hide that. Suddenly his ASR brain caught something.

"Wait, what did you said? That's like my arnavji?" He raised his brows in a teasing smile.

"Is it?" She pretended to think and smiled moving away not wanting to give in first.

"Khushi wait

"Khushi wait.. Answer me" He yelled as she ran out with mischievous smile.

He stood smiling like an idiot in the middle of the room where he broke down not to few seconds before. Life would be easy with her.

As says, If one door closes then another opens, is right in their case.

_____

Thank you so much for all your support on previous update 😃

Do the same if you like this too🌟✍️

Updated new one shot: I am proudly yours. Do check it guys.