5

Jughead's Pov:

Her eyes widened as she noticed my appearance, her green fighting against my blue. She looked beautiful, with her doe eyes and golden hair. I couldn't help myself, seeing as I walked to the seat right beside her a smirk on my lips as I didn't waver my stare.

She looked down at her backpack bashfully, her cheeks tinting a shade darker as she tried to ignore me.

I knew that I was fighting against everything I've ever known. I didn't do this, I never spent my entire time trying to get a girl to notice me. Especially when said girl was the most perfect girl of the North side of Riverdale. She was oddly annoying, and that's because I knew that she wasn't trying to be. It was like it was in her genetics to answer every question the teacher asked, or to work ahead on assignments to the point where there was no reason to even come to class. 

So I tried to keep my distance, asking around about her, getting all of the information I needed before I actually talked to her. And now that I had, it was like she was always around me. It was like fate was teasing me with something I knew I could never have.

I glanced back over at the blonde, seeing as she was ironically doing some type of homework. Her head down, pencil between her teeth, brows furrowed in concentration.

I looked back up at the front of the room, hearing as the teacher exited through the door. He always did this, leaving during 10 minutes in to go and eat food while we all sat in 'silence'.

"So why are you in detention... It's like you're getting more and more interesting everytime I see you," I finally spoke, startling Betty as she quickly turned to me eyes wide once again and mouth opened in shock. She looked like a fish out of water, as she tried to find someway to speak.

"Ugh... I feel asleep in class," she mumbled, almost as if she's scared to how I'll react.

"Why.." I decided to ask. 

"No reason," she blushed even darker, her eyes dancing over me before finally settling back on mine.

"Okay then," I smiled her way, seeing as she tilted her head in confusion.

"What," I questioned bluntly, leaning back in the hard classroom chair, propping my feet up on the desk in front of me.

"Nothing it's just... you're very confusing," she stated, surprising me a little I wasn't expecting such a straight forward reply.

"Why do you say that," I leaned towards her, seeing as she subtly backed away.

"Because you go around acting like you know me.... When we've hardly talked," she relaxed into the conversation finally, her shoulders slumping ever so slightly and her body turning to fully face me.

"I don't have to talk to you to figure you out... I have my ways," I left for her to question, standing from the small desk and leaving her once again by herself in silence.

"You do know detention isn't over," I hear her call after me, a smile on my face as I continue walking on, letting her have the last word just this once.

                                                                                               **

Betty's Pov:

I couldn't shake away the warm feeling in my stomach for the rest of the day, that night I ended the day wrapped in bed eyes staring up at my dark ceiling and my mind trying to remember every little detail about Jughead. 

It was stupid of me, to have a crush on this guy that I didn't even know. I didn't even know if it was a crush, but either way I was like a little girl in middle school, I couldn't stop smiling. 

There were so many reasons why nothing could ever happen, but yet I let myself for once think of what if...

                                                                               **

I KNOW ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER, BUT I PROMISE THE NEXT ONE WILL BE MUCH LONGER. TELL ME IF YOU LIKE THE TWO DIFFERENT POV'S FOR THE CHARACTERS OR IF YOU WANT ME TO GO BACK TO HOW I WAS WRITING!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!<3<3<3