2

School had started to slowly go back to normal, it was like the whole merge never even happened. Seeing as the two groups of students made it their duty to stay clear of one another unless they couldn't help it. Betty came to know of the serpent's name who had talked badly about her his first day here. His name was Jughead Jones, it was an unusual name but it did sound familiar and it fit him if she was being completely honest. She couldn't help herself sometimes when he was anywhere around her, she did indeed catching herself watching him with curiosity.

There was just something about him, that she couldn't quite put her finger on yet. She had yet to meet his eyes, and for some reason she wanted him to catch her watching, she wanted to see what his eyes looked like so much.

"I swear you already have it bad," Veronica snapped her from her thoughts, her eyes widening as she realized that she was indeed caught staring but not by who she wanted.

"What... no I don't," Betty tried to deny the statement, but she could feel her cheeks flush ever so slightly at the thought of possibly really liking him. She was just intrigued by him, that's why she was staring.

"Whatever you say B.... but you should know that there's a party tonight and you are coming," Veronica explained, grabbing ahold of betty's upper arm and practically dragging her to their next class.

"No, I can't... I have to study," Betty denied the request, catching Veronica roll her eyes in frustration.

"And you wonder why someone who doesn't even know you would call you annoying," Ronnie mumbled under her breath.

"Not to be rude B, but you need to relax one party won't kill you. And it'll be good for you to get out and socialize it's not like you have to get drunk," Veronica tried to persuade the blonde, and finally after many failed attempts at it, Betty agreed.

**

The three girls all agreed to get ready at Cheryl's, seeing as she had many mirrors in her house for the girls to do their makeup and pick an outfit to wear.

"Tell me again, why we have to get dressed up," Betty questioned, as Veronica continued to apply bronzer to her face.

"Oh Betty... you are so innocent," Cheryl commented with a laugh as she applied her iconic red lipstick to her lips.

The blonde tried to ignore the pang in her heart at the fact that Cheryl was right, she had yet to do anything remotely irresponsible in her life. She always followed the rules.

"Why don't you give your scalp a break, you look amazing with your hair down," Veronica ran her fingers through Betty's golden curls. Betty couldn't deny that it felt amazing to take out her ponytail.

"Here try this on, it should fit you," Cheryl handed over a dress to Betty.

She couldn't imagine her wearing something like this. It showed way too much, she decided as she quickly slipped on the red satin material. It was pretty, she would say that. But it was the complete opposite of her. It hugged her stomach, and insinuated her curves. The thin straps of the dress, scared betty in more than one ways. The dress flowed down and stopped midthigh, showing off her long legs that she always hid beneath blue jeans. The cutout for the neck dipped too low for Betty's comfort and showed way more cleavage than she could handle.

"If my mom saw me wearing this, she'd throw a fit," Betty commented, as she continued to stare at every inch of her body. She felt self-conscious, even though she did indeed think she looked kind of pretty.