No Adventure

*Okay, not an actual reader prompt, but I'm just getting the ball rolling :) Enjoy!*

        The Doctor rolled up his sleeves and checked under the TARDIS counsle, one more time. He flashed it with the Sonic just in time to hear small footsteps on the floor above him. He was about to get up from his swing-like chair when Clara's head popped up from the floor, upside down. 

        "Where to today, Doctor?" She asked excitedly. The Doctor thought she was a little too excited considering it was Clara, but humored her all the same.

        "Well...I was thinking maybe we could go to this planet where the inhabitants look kind of like lobsters. Or maybe...to a world where there is no land? That could be an adventure..."

        "You're rambling again."

        "Oh. Sorry," The Doctor said. 

        "It's alright Chin. I could go anywhere with you," she said coyly, smiling. 

        "We could go to your apartment," he suggested. Clara was flustered for a moment, but couldn't let The Doctor out-flirt her. 

        "Sounds like a plan," she said, purring. This time it was The Doctor's turn to be flustered, but he couldn't just give up now, when he was so close. So damn close to finally getting together with Clara. 

        The Doctor materalized the TARDIS in front of Clara's apartment. Clara was nervous, and she could tell The Doctor was, but both were too stubborn to call it a draw. Clara unlocked the front door and let him in. He slipped off his coat, clearing his throat, "So now what?"

        "Well...you suggested coming here, so what did you have in mind?" Clara asked, and she hoped that the excitment wasn't too obvious in her voice. She was still worrying about her composure when she felts lips on top of her own. She realized it was The Doctor, and she kissed back, their tongues mingiling together inside of Clara's mouth. They both needed to breathe, so they parted. The Doctor whispered into her hair, "We should not go on adventures more often."

        She repiled with, "Well I'd say that was an adventure."