×Green Thingies×

First off, an apology. I'm sorry. I promised to update and I didn't. I broke my phone shortly after my last chapter and have had to work my butt off to get another one. Yay strict parents! But now, I'm back and have author fingers.

Also, an idea struck me. I'm thinking of another story, perhaps with another character from another anime. I'm really thinking of Levi from Attack on Titan because he fits the asshole vibe i'm looking for. Be on the lookout for that!

Without further ado, the chapter!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"(Y/N), this flower reminds me of you," Anna says, picking up a small white bud.

"It does?" I ask absentmindedly, continuing to braid pink blooms into her hair.

The park was quiet, only a few people milling around. It was a peaceful day, a few clouds in the sky but nothing serious.

"Yes," she responds. "It's small, but still covers a lot of the flowers. Like it's protecting them."

"That's very observant of you, Anna. Thank you for comparing me to that flower. "

Mikoto's eyes lazily glanced over us from a bench across the way. He had been fading in and out of sleep for the fourth five minutes we had been here. I'm assuming Anna took notice because she called him over towards us.

"Come here, Mikoto. I want you to have flowers in your hair too," She mused.

Slowly, like a sedated sea turtle, he rose from the bench and meandered his way towards the grass. With a soft grunt, he plopped onto the ground and shifted towards me. His eyes fell half lidded and a trace of a smirk was on his face. He looked like a sunbathing lion.

"Well? Are you going to do this or can I continue my nap?" Mikoto gruffed.

I stifled a laugh and began to skillfully weave small blossoms into his wild hair. "What a beautiful kitty," I joked, watching his chest quickly huff in a staccato of laughs.

Anna fully laid back upon the grass, looking up towards the clouding sky. It was like this for a while until Mikoto rose from the ground, dusting himself off. "I'm going to get some ice cream for Anna." he said, walking towards the peddler across the park.

I watched his figure shrink into distance and smiled at the flowers in his hair. Turning back to Anna, I smiled at her as well.

"Hey, cutie!" A gruff make voice said from behind.

I slowly turned my head to see a burly man in a green hoodie with a cigar hanging from his lips.

"I said hey!" He said a little louder. "You deaf?"

"Come on, Anna," I said, standing up and taking her hand. "Let's get out of here,"

Quickly, the man took Anna by the forearm and snatched her up.

"Hey, let her go!" I yelled, attracting the attention of a Mikoto from the way.

The man only laughed and toyed with Anna's dress hem. She flinched away but he held her still. "What a beauty!" he smiled sickly.

My eyes narrowed, and I took a small step back. "I said- let her go!"

The man was about to laugh again until a silvery, shimmering disc knocked him to the ground, leaving me to catch Anna.

"Go to Mikoto!" I told her, holding my ground against the man.

Suddenly, bolts of green came my way. Dodging the incoming projectiles, I gracefully leaped out of the way.

"Come on, (Y/N), don't you want to play?" The man laughed, causing me to stumble in surprise.

Regaining my footing, I saw more obstacles coming my way. I crossed my arms into an X formation (sorry but Wakanda Forever went through my head. that was a good ass movie) and pressed forward, making a shield of power.

The green thingies diffused into the shield, sending it shattering across the grass.

"(Y/N)!" Mikoto boomed.

Turning my head slightly, I saw him running forward with Anna in his arms.

"It's alright, Mikoto. I've got him!" I said proudly.

"Sure, you have him but what about them?" He said, looking past the man into the trees.

There, hidden in the underbrush, there were at least a dozen more men. Each of them had a gnarly smile and wicked facades.

"Oh."

We were no match against them all at once, even with Mikoto's power. (That's a lie. We know he can kick ass, go along with it.) Quickly, I blinked my eyes, causing us to vanish. The man looked confused, but I payed no mind. In an instant, we turned and bolted away from the park. Further down the street, I blinked again, revealing ourselves to those around us. Panting and out of breath, Mikoto put Anna down

"Are you two alright?" He asked, running a hand through his hair, knocking most of the leftover flowers to the pavement.

"Yes," Anna said, pulling on my sleeve. "He said your name."

Mikoto looked at me expectantly, as if he was waiting for me to explain something. "You know the Jungle?"

"N-no. I don't know who that man was or how he knew me." I answered softly.

Mikoto huffed and turned to continue walking. Anna and I followed closely until we reached the bar.

___________________

I purred in amusement as Anna ran her hands through my fur. Ever since we got back Mikoto had been talking to Izumo in the back room. Part of it worried me, because I knew that I was their topic of conversation. Soon, a different blonde haired woman walked in. She wore a white sundress and a pair of beige sandals. She sat at one of the bar stools and waited for a few minutes.

"Is anyone here besides you two?" The woman asked, looking around.

Slowly, I stood up and stretched my legs and leaped down from the couch. I padded over to the back room door and tapped my paws against it. The small thuds were hushed, but audible to cause notice. I turned and made my way back to the couch, curling back in Anna's lap.

Not even thirty seconds later, Izumo emerged with Mikoto in tow. The woman looked at me in shock. I waved my tail as if it were my hand, leaving here even more baffled.

"What bring you here today?" Asked Izumo, wiping out a glass.

"There's an eighth king."