×Strain×

A/N Before we start!
This is actually going to be my first story I've actually decided to publish. I really an nervous about this, dear Glob. Its also very short. But anyway, as I was going to say earlier:

This story does not follow the plot of the actual anime K. Simply because I cannot fathom the thought of ending the story with Mikoto dying at the end.

Secondly, you probably already know the standard x-reader key, you know, y/n, h/c, e/c. So basically follow that.

Third(ly?) Please listen to the song above while reading this chapter.

Fourth(ly?) Mikoto will be very bipolar towards the reader in this chapter and maybe the couple following it, don't worry, its all plot.

I don't have anything else to say, so, onward.

|( ̄ ̄)||( ̄ ̄)||( ̄ ̄)||( ̄ ̄)|

(Reader's Perspective)

I looked up into the dark, gloomy sky, sighing in sadness. It has been this way every single night since that day. I had no idea living this way would have been this difficult. Living in a box, day in and day out, being fed off of scraps from a ramen shop down the boulevard, and having no source of warm besides my self.

Sighing once more, I leaned my head against the side of my box, watching as the busy people bustled across the sidewalk with umbrellas held over their heads. If only I could get one of those.

I whimpered pitifully and turned over, shielding myself from the view of passersby in shame. Filthy. Disgusting. Not worth any damn thing. You're a digrace. A blemish to society. Nothing but lowly street scum.

I was pulled from my thoughts by a warm finger on my neck.

"There's a pulse," the small, feminine voice said.