7. Pop It For Pimp

-Brooklyn-

Even after a two days I couldn't seem to process the fact that my friend of more than 14 years is doing things on camera with someone who isn't even committed to her. Although I didn't watch it for myself, I was still just as disgusted and disappointed as Harmony was. We both knew she was boy crazed but we didn't think she was delusional enough to reach those limits. After me and Damon's second movie night of the week and Booby's second night of supposedly clearing his conscience, I needed to cater the portion of time I had before the night was over to myself. With my love life and my sister's "devilish deed" as my grandma would say, orbiting my conscience daily I've barely had time to write or engulf in the luxury of alone time. I couldn't get on Facebook without thinking about everything that is going on in my life right now. The first status update I saw when I opened Facebook was by Paxton. I scoffed at his post and scrolled past the other 30 people that shared it. Mel wanted a reputation now she has one, a reputation as a homegrown whore. On the other hand, she's my friend and I know that people are going to assume that we have identical tendencies.

Majority of cheer practice on Tuesday was spent gossiping. Thanks to Willow, Hannah was misinformed of the status of my relationship. Therefore, making me the hot topic of discussion for hours. Not that I don't like being the center of attention, I just wish it was under positive circumstances. It's quite depressing not knowing where you stand with a person, just because they're too stubborn to do something as simple as have a conversation. I have no idea where Booby's been laying his head at night but I know he isn't permanently gone because everytime I come home his belongings are still here. If he wanted to leave I'm sure he would collect all of his things. Aundrus let me know that he hasn't been at the dog pound at all and Salmineo informed me that he's also been missing class for the past few days. Whatever he's doing, I just hope he comes back with a clear mindset.

With all of the overthinking that I found myself doing while in a room full of people, I came to the conclusion that maybe having alone time wasn't a good idea. I spent almost an hour listening to Aaliyah and Quincy bicker about collaborating on homecoming. As I tuned back into the conversation nothing had changed.

"Liyah we haven't even discussed homecoming activities with the student government, what's the rush on planning?" Quincy asked with a clearly annoyed tone.

"It isn't about us rushing, it's about us being prepared. After last year's party everybody's been trying to meet the standards we set. We raised the bar with that party, we gotta raise the mother fucker even higher this year. Our performances on the quad, fundraisers, new pledges, we gotta prepare for all of that. The shit just don't happen overnight. You understand that right?" Aaliyah responded, looking up from her phone to glare at Quincy. During this time Aaliyah goes into a crazy frenzy of planning and organizing. Her job as Dean of our sorority is far from easy, hence my decision to never apply for that position.