18~ the aftermath

Start from the beginning

They apologise.

"Those stairs are seriously hard." I say and everyone laughs.

Everyone had fallen asleep except for me and Niall. We still hadn't spoken but he hadn't kept his eyes off me since earlier and it was starting to get to me.

"Who'd you pick?"

"What?" Niall's brows knitted together in confusion.

"To fight? I heard people chanting your name."

"Oh some random who was hitting on Lauren."

I nod my head not sure what to answer. "You wanna go somewhere where we won't wake up these idiots?"

Niall nods his head standing up from his chair.

I try to do the same but wince when pain shoots from my ribs.

Niall comes over to me to help me. "You alright?"

"Yeah." I say as he helps me up. "Thank you."

Niall nods his head. "My rooms upstairs.... but you already know that. You gonna be able to get up the stairs?"

"I better be, I don't know how I'd explain this to my mom if I can't."

Niall smiles and after a painful few minutes we are in his room.

Niall goes downstairs to get me some painkillers while I think back to all the good times we've had in this room, and then earlier tonight when Caroline was here.

I shake my head getting rid of the thoughts and sit on the bottom of the bed.

My thoughts flash back to the last thing I said before I fell down the stairs. "He's not your boyfriend yet, I suppose I can keep them on him."

Niall walks back in with a glass of water and pain killers.

"Thank you." I say before taking them

"Whats up?" Niall asks after a minute.

"Why were you looking for a fight?" I Ask.

Niall thinks about it for a minute, "I honestly don't know, just to get my mind of things."

"Like me ignoring you?"

Niall nods his head. "I probably would've looked for one whether you were talking to me or not."

"Don't try make me feel better." I mumble. "The only person I've been thinking about is myself in this situation."

"And the night you Stop I cause you to be pushed down the stairs."

I shake my head. "I only got pushed because I answered her back... anyway I need to tell you something."

"Sure."

"I seen Caroline leave here earlier, when I was looking for you. Don't worry I'm not going to go off on you or anything I just wanted to tell you."

Regret flashes in Niall's eyes.

"We're not together so it's okay. I just didn't want you to feel guilty or anything."

"Thank you for telling me, and your right we're not together but I regretted it straight away, I still feel guilty about it. To think the first time I get with someone since you it's Caroline, and you see her leave my room."

I can't help but laugh. "She thinks your going to get back with her."

"She's delusional, I didn't even sleep with her. I stopped it. Wait is that the reason she pushed you down the stairs?"

"I just said something that she didn't like."

"What did you say?"

"Basically that ye weren't going out so I could still get with you." I feel my cheeks heat up.

Niall's silent for a minute, shocked I think.

"I have missed you, I only ignore you because I do." I tell him honestly.

"I've missed you too."

I smile, turning to face him.

"I don't want to get back together just yet, but I want to be with you. Whether it's friends or more."

Niall's gaze drifts to my lips.

"I'm sorry if this makes things awkward." I say before putting my hand on the back of his head to bring it to my height, and kiss him.

He kisses back and I go to straddle him but my ribs shoot pain across my body so I lean out resting my head on his shoulder. "These stupid ribs." I groan.

Niall chuckles and I hit his arm.

I lean back on the bed and Niall turns to me.

"There's none of Caroline's germs and shit here right?"

"None." Niall answers and climbs back and straddles me. "Just Stop me if it hurts."

I nod my head and Niall connects our lips again.